Is there an outdoor equivalent to flushing before harvest?

• Thread starter geemonty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

geemonty

Only harvest once from outdoor grow and it was potent but wasn't the best flavor. My indoor grows of same strain taste so much more amazing I am assuming it has to do with the flushing. With harvest time for me a few weeks away my question is, can an outdoor in ground plant be flushed?

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Essentially yes. Just give plain water every 4-5 days for the remaining two weeks. If possible don’t water for 3-4 days before chop.

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

I don't want to hijack your thread, but we're discussing flushing in another thread and I thought you might be interested in a video I shared in it.

It's a video interview with Dr. Bruce Bugbee and he gives a 5 minute answer on his thoughts about flushing. He also covers many other topics, definitely worth watching.

beluga

beluga

I don't want to hijack your thread, but we're discussing flushing in another thread and I thought you might be interested in a video I shared in it.

It's a video interview with Dr. Bruce Bugbee and he gives a 5 minute answer on his thoughts about flushing. He also covers many other topics, definitely worth watching.

We really need to sticky that and PM/Botrytis ID for the months of Sep-Nov.
Only harvest once from outdoor grow and it was potent but wasn't the best flavor. My indoor grows of same strain taste so much more amazing I am assuming it has to do with the flushing. With harvest time for me a few weeks away my question is, can an outdoor in ground plant be flushed?
Out of curiosity, did you wash your outdoor harvest?

2Bad

2Bad

Yea beluga and I need some answers...

Last edited:
G

geemonty

Just curious you used clones? And the same exact soil?
Yes the grow I am comparing I planted 4 clones all from the same mother and started them indoors using the same method. I took 3 outdoors in spring 2021 and planted them in ground and kept 1 indoors. Everything was the same up until this point. I continued to give them the same feed but I did have to water the outdoors plants more. The outdoor harvest was more "green" tasting.

Hijack away. I will definitely check that out.

G

geemonty

I did not wash my bud then as I was still new to growing and didn't know about it. Didn't wash the outdoor or indoor. Is that what it could have been? It wasn't terrible tasting just a bit green tasting, or actually it tasted a lot like alfalfa hay smells.

Madmax

Madmax

Essentially yes. Just give plain water every 4-5 days for the remaining two weeks. If possible don’t water for 3-4 days before chop.
Bingo.pretty much wwhat i have done for the last 30 years..

TSD

TSD

I did not wash my bud then as I was still new to growing and didn't know about it. Didn't wash the outdoor or indoor. Is that what it could have been? It wasn't terrible tasting just a bit green tasting, or actually it tasted a lot like alfalfa hay smells.
Did you do a proper cure?

beluga

beluga

Yeah, outdoors will have a lot more debris, microbes, bird poop, etc. on it almost every time.
Also, at least in my case, you're forced to pull them earlier than you'd like a lot of the time and underripe plants can be harder to get the cut grass smell out of.

G

geemonty

Yeah, outdoors will have a lot more debris, microbes, bird poop, etc. on it almost every time.
Also, at least in my case, you're forced to pull them earlier than you'd like a lot of the time and underripe plants can be harder to get the cut grass smell out of.
This could have been what happened. I might have harvested them too soon due to inexperience and they had that cut grass smell. It wasn't a terrible taste just not amazing like my indoor grows all have been but potency was absolutely there.
Did you do a proper cure?
I assume so.

G

geemonty

Great video will probably watch it a few more times, thanks for posting the link.

Last edited:
Top Bottom