Is There Any One Out There

• Thread starter pacific
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pacific

pacific

hello, this is my first post, just big old hello.
looks like a great site with so many threads to read. Hopefully i would like to try some deep water culture grows.

am also interested in making some hydro system for the greenhouse and may i grow some melons who knows.

am interested mainly in hydro

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Welcome to the farm.

There's allot of hydro guys/gals in here. I'm a dwc guy, but there's coco, rdwc, aero, every type you can think of. And some you can't lol.

pacific

pacific

@Midwestjay
i thought maybe nft for the melons
i'm not sure when i can start, but it on the list of things to do, i know that in a hot climate you can turn a melon around in about 58 days depending on the strain

thanks ken dog

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

1asi048l
1lg144palmshammock

I've done DWC, outdoors, in the tropics.
Have also done DWC under LEDs.
Always happy to offer suggestions.
Aloha,
Wee 'zard

pacific

pacific

hi weezard i will have to have a look at you thread. did you put the cambers in the dwc in the ground and you tank below ground level?

some pictures would be a nice start.

these are the melons i wonna grow
Organic Non-GMO Caribbean Gold F1 Melon - HYBRID

Quality, modern cantaloupe with good disease resistance and sweet, aromatic flavor. A standout for yield and quality in our trials! Wonderful sweet and aromatic flavor with a Brix rating of 12-15. Extremely uniform with a short harvest window but long shelf life. Oval fruit is crack-resistant with dense netting, revealing deep orange flesh with a small seed cavity. Limited availability. Western shipper-type · 3-4 lbs (Cucumis melo)

Days to maturity: 80 days
Disease Resistance: Fusarium Wilt (0,1,2), Powdery Mildew

Last edited:
REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Welcome to the farm! Dwc is pretty groovy my buddy gave me a couple standalone buckets he made. I would also love to do dwc outdoor I think a big dwc bucket and running like a 5x5 Scrog setup would be fucking dope!

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

hi weezard i will have to have a look at you thread. did you put the cambers in the dwc in the ground and you tank below ground level?

some pictures would be a nice start.
Dwc maters

Nope. Hung them off the lanai ind 5 gallon buckets and large rubbermaid containers. Avg temperature is 82F. and I only changed the water once.
Then I started stacking 3 gallon square pots of coco in 5 gallon buckets. Worked a treat!
I liked DWC, and coco, but now I'm in FFOF with no nutes and it's working well.
GD x Flavr

Biggest problem with the tropics is photoperiod. Then, pests/
I practice prevention. Dryer sheets eliminate fungus gnats and root aphids.
They also thwart thrips
On the Big Island we invite carnivorous ants that gobble up aphids and mites.
And a thin layer of worm castings on the soil surface will repel most kine white fly..
Also, If you use flypaper of sticky traps, encase them in 1/4" hardware cloth to keep from catching geckos.
They are our best friends here.

Aloha, and e komo mai.
Weeze

Latest posts

Top Bottom