Is there any way to salvage moldy bud?

• Thread starter HerbGardner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HerbGardner

So my friend acquired kgs of moldy bud and is hoping to save at least some of it.

I've read online that some people like making qwiso hash out of it with non-deadly results. Anyone here tried it?

Other alternatives are making massage oil - spores can't get through the skin right? Can aflatoxin cause an allergic reaction when applied tropically? She also wants to make some kind of edibles from this weed - can your stomach acids inactivate the fungus? Sounds sketchy to me but I said I'd ask around.

I just told her to cut out and discard the furry bits and sell the untainted buds for cheap, does this sound fair or is it still going to taste like ass when smoked?

Cheers

Is there any way to salvage moldy bud
Is there any way to salvage moldy bud 2
Is there any way to salvage moldy bud 3
Is there any way to salvage moldy bud 4
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Personally, id throw it all away. Mold is toxic, why risk getting yourself, or others sick. It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Botrytis can cause an allergic reaction for some people, its reffered to as "winegrowers lung"
Its not deadly but can be nasty and requires a dr treatment.

H

HerbGardner

I think it can be processed but smoking is ill advised.

Otherwise, overall, I don't know.

Better safe than sorry.

That bud looks like shit and I would not sell that with my name behind it.
That's what I'm trying to tell her - reputation is everything

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Personally, id throw it all away. Mold is toxic, why risk getting yourself, or others sick. It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Botrytis can cause an allergic reaction for some people, its reffered to as "winegrowers lung"
Its not deadly but can be nasty and requires a dr treatment.
ya i’d probably do a qwiso hash oil.. but only that.. maybe bubble if your able to use a hose for washing.

Woah woah woah ... although you are right in the sense that most people will survive, there's a segment of our population that this could easily spell disaster to ... the immune-compromised from illness/organ transplant. That's reason enough not to mess with moldy weed in any form. Not even making it in to oil will remove all fungus and what remains can cause havoc in some. A qwiso wash might kill any remaining fungus but its not going to remove the exotoxins that the mold has already formed.

Top Bottom