Is there anyone else here smoking pot in the 60's?

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi, old fkr here that started smoking pot in the late 60's. I've had a few hiatus's but mostly a steady smoker throughout the years. The pot has changed dramatically since the old Mexican dirt weed we called it back then, full of seeds and sticks and tasted like shit compared to today's weed but still got us high. Then for me I was in Central California on the coast in the 70's and I was introduced to Sinsemilla and then I was in Hawaii in the late 70's early 80's with the Kona Bud and Maui Wowie. Never growing myself back then but I was making good money and I was buying lots & smoking heavily. The old days of buying home grown shake were done. I'm just wondering if there are any old fkr's like me out there still smoking and on this site periodically?

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Hi PipeCarver, Old smoker here from the late 60's. I remember very well the weed you are talking about. Brings back many memories. I come on this site many times a day. looking at post and being like a sponge to the information available on here. Glad to have met someone like you so soon.

Grnlvr58

Grnlvr58

Yup here I am and I do remember that nasty Mexican weed only thing good about it was the price lol now in B.C. and growing my on fine weed even less cost now lol

20190917 133123
20190917 133733
20190917 133043
20190917 133043
20190917 133039
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi PipeCarver, Old smoker here from the late 60's. I remember very well the weed you are talking about. Brings back many memories. I come on this site many times a day. looking at post and being like a sponge to the information available on here. Glad to have met someone like you so soon.
Well greetings, I used to smoke recreationally, then therapeutically, then medicinaly and now its all three plus habitually I've got it covered.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I was born and raised in San Francisco, did high school in the late 60s. My driver training teacher would have us cruise Haight Ashbury area, occasionally having us park while hw ran in and scored a “ lid”. It was years before a saw my first bud. I worked for an airport hotel in 1971 when a guest asked if I wanted to get high. She pulled out a bud and I remember being confused 😐 at the sight of it. Shortly thereafter my group discovered panama red, Acapulco gold, Colombian buds which started our careers, so to speak. But they still contained seeds.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Sold to me as Colombian gold in 1976, second best weed I ever smoked; the best was Colombian Red in 1973

20190609 102713
20190609 101422
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yup here I am and I do remember that nasty Mexican weed only thing good about it was the price lol now in B.C. and growing my on fine weed even less cost now lol
I was born and raised in San Francisco, did high school in the late 60s. My driver training teacher would have us cruise Haight Ashbury area, occasionally having us park while hw ran in and scored a “ lid”. It was years before a saw my first bud. I worked for an airport hotel in 1971 when a guest asked if I wanted to get high. She pulled out a bud and I remember being confused 😐 at the sight of it. Shortly thereafter my group discovered panama red, Acapulco gold, Colombian buds which started our careers, so to speak. But they still contained seeds.
I wish I still had some of those seeds from back then. A buddy of mine that used to sell had a suitcase full of mixed seeds from the old days & they got ripped from him during a B&E at his house. Of everything he lost he was most upset about his seeds.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I wish I still had some of those seeds from back then. A buddy of mine that used to sell had a suitcase full of mixed seeds from the old days & they got ripped from him during a B&E at his house. Of everything he lost he was most upset about his seeds.
You were in the action in SF during those days. I camped in the GG park a few nights 68-69 don't remember too much other than being stoned and cold we were not prepared and too young and stupid to care.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I grew up in BC I lived throughout greater Vancouver & Victoria. I don't miss my commutes to work, I was living in Maple Ridge and working at UBC so 2hrs each way by car during rush periods. I commuted on bike for about 8 years before a winter accident broke my leg and destroyed my bike, It only took 1-1/2hrs on my bike but 2 in my pickup. We moved to Nova Scotia mid 90's it and it changed my commute to 2 minutes on a nice day 1 minute in the cold. A drastic change in lifestyle & no more heartburn medication, or Rolaids for me. Too fkin cold in Sept/Oct here to finish flowering it was 4c last night 5c tonight and it's only mid fkn September. Arrrrgggggg Here comes that winter depression again....time for a puff. I don't do winters well and they can be 8 fkn months long here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom