Is this a bigger issue please advise!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter helpmegrowbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

helpmegrowbuds

I have a cheap Amazon light in a empty bedroom going to be moving to a 2x2.8 closet
Using a soil mixture of ocean forest roots organic and black forrest. Seeds are northern light from fastbuds auto/fem
Nutrients are general hydroponics trio
Plus, (gh)root growth and some grotone
In a 5 gallon pot as of last week watering every 2 to 3 days. As of now last week was my first time using the trio from general hydroponics smaller dose then recommend fill with a small spray bottle probably used a few drops of each since bottle was probably like 16oz 4/11 was start date I'm assuming I'm on my start of second week of vegetative stage but I'm not sure
I started seeing some discoloration in the leaves and in the new leaves as well don't kno the issue I will post better pic sooon

Is this a bigger issue please  advise
Is this a bigger issue please  advise 2
Is this a bigger issue please  advise 3
Is this a bigger issue please  advise 4
Is this a bigger issue please  advise 5
Is this a bigger issue please  advise 6
Is this a bigger issue please  advise 7
Is this a bigger issue please  advise 8
Is this a bigger issue please  advise 9
Is this a bigger issue please  advise 10
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The pictures aren't the greatest for seeing detail of the damaged leaf. I remember seeing this plant in another thread. To me, it looks like you spilled some water on the discolored leaf. Be as careful as you can when watering. Water the soil and try not to splash the plant. Otherwise, you look like you're off to a good start although I question whether your lighting will be powerful enough to give a decent yield. I'd upgrade the lighting if its in your budget and use the cheap light for seedling/vegging.

H

helpmegrowbuds

The pictures aren't the greatest for seeing detail of the damaged leaf. I remember seeing this plant in another thread. To me, it looks like you spilled some water on the discolored leaf. Be as careful as you can when watering. Water the soil and try not to splash the plant. Otherwise, you look like you're off to a good start although I question whether your lighting will be powerful enough to give a decent yield. I'd upgrade the lighting if its in your budget and use the cheap light for seedling/vegging.
I definitely did spray the leafs with water ur saying that's the issue I was thinking the leafs are staining because the light was to close
Also my ppfd meter says 300 to 400 may be lower now that I backed it up and turned it down will test again

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I definitely did spray the leafs with water ur saying that's the issue I was thinking the leafs are staining because the light was to close
Also my ppfd meter says 300 to 400 may be lower now that I backed it up and turned it down will test again
You really don't want your ppfd any higher than that at this stage especially when you're investigating a potential problem.

The wisest move whenever you see leaf issues is to lower the light intensity which slows down photosynthesis. This will give you time to investigate the problem. Once the problem has been corrected, slowly over the course of a few days ... bring the light intensity back up to the range it should be in.

H

helpmegrowbuds

You really don't want your ppfd any higher than that at this stage especially when you're investigating a potential problem.

The wisest move whenever you see leaf issues is to lower the light intensity which slows down photosynthesis. This will give you time to investigate the problem. Once the problem has been corrected, slowly over the course of a few days ... bring the light intensity back up to the range it should be in.
Okay!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I’ve seen this a lot in auto flower strains, it’s no big deal, I’ve always chalked it up to genetics, and I have seen it once or twice with photos. Again, it’ll grow out.

Bilber

Bilber

Good morning @helpmegrowbuds.....thank you for posting....

I've been growing for a couple of years, yet I am by no means a professional.....I'm always learning new things from the Farms family...deficiencies are lagging in my skills department, but improving every day.....

The mutated leaves don't look concerning.....I've had a couple of plants grow that way in the beginning....they turned out fine.....genetics I'm assuming.....

The leaf edges I'm not so sure of.....

Overall, it looks good....

Keep checking on it and let us know if it progresses.....I'm watching....

H

helpmegrowbuds

I've been growing for a couple of years, yet I am by no means a professional.....I'm always learning new things from the Farms family...deficiencies are lagging in my skills department, but improving every day.....

The mutated leaves don't look concerning.....I've had a couple of plants grow that way in the beginning....they turned out fine.....genetics I'm assuming.....

Will do thanks

H

helpmegrowbuds

Will do

H

helpmegrowbuds

Black spots are very concerning
What is the issue???
I was told probably nitrogen deficiency
Or environmental issues but Temps is never over 90 and humidity ranges is 55- 70
And I water every 2 to 3 day but haven't watered in about 5 day still a little moist when past first line of finger in dirt 2mm I will feed and stronger dose of micro and
Same does of others znd this time I will ph my water it normally is at 7.0
Any thoughts???

20230523 130001
20230523 125957
20230523 100313
20230523 100309
20230523 100305
20230523 100301
20230523 100255
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
That’s kinda weird, never seen that before, it may just be some cross genetics peaking through, is there anything on the back side of the leaves?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

this is the classic look of Tobacco Mosaic Virus
Some strains don't care for it too much, other don't like it too much either.
If you clone it and don't clean scissors with 70% alcohol and clone a plant that's not infected it can pass easily to one another.
if you have this cultivar unafected you can clone only the clear one and get rid of it for next runs.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
not really tho..most cultivars don't care for it, but it will pass on to clones of said plant for next generations.
i've had it once or twice growing outdoors.
Ah I see, it’s interesting tho, gonna go learn up on that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom