Is this a bud worm?

• Thread starter frebo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
frebo

frebo

I took a testing bud off my Pinkleberry Kush before harvesting the whole plant on Thursday. I decided to test today. I love testing. In the first
Nug I found two of these little worms. I have had them before but found them too late. I have been spraying the plants with Thuricide the last two weeks. Any suggestions?
I am planning on taking the buds off the hanging branches and put the whole tub buds in the freezer over night.

MrGnome

MrGnome

I think I had one these little bastards last year but they were really small and couldn't do much cause they partied too late when the cold hit. But they did manage to rot a few buds! This year my hoop house is completely sealed to stop the asshole moths from laying eggs!

Habosabin

Habosabin

Do you mix a new batch everytime you spray? I know some pesticides require that. That was my learning experience this grow. Sprayed weekly with stale mix which didn't protect my plant and now I'm cleaning up after aphids.

frebo

frebo

Do you mix a new batch everytime you spray? I know some pesticides require that.
Yes I do. We harvested over half the garden the last two days and only saw one of those worms. We did find 3 rotten buds but no worms in them. So, maybe the Thuricide did work, but as in previous years our buds start rotting after the first or second fall rain and continued days of morning dew and not drying out completely especially on big fat buds.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Yes I do. We harvested over half the garden the last two days and only saw one of those worms. We did find 3 rotten buds but no worms in them. So, maybe the Thuricide did work, but as in previous years our buds start rotting after the first or second fall rain and continued days of morning dew and not drying out completely especially on big fat buds.
Could be that they found an area not protected by the BT. I had some bud rot last grow and only saw one worm. So they hide and chew the inside of the bud.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Finding 2-5 cats in a harvest is still a win.

Madbud

Madbud

They eat a little then leave the bud, dying on a sugar leaf then fall off or get plucked by birds.
I never see any flying around my plants and never find more than one egg at a time. I think moths lay clusters behind the window shutters on the second or third floor. The eggs separate from the cluster and disperse in the wind to my plants below.
Nearly all the cats i find hatch and hang off drying buds. Look for a single silk strand and theres one on the end.

Last edited:
lilnew

lilnew

View attachment 1043068
I took a testing bud off my Pinkleberry Kush before harvesting the whole plant on Thursday. I decided to test today. I love testing. In the first
Nug I found two of these little worms. I have had them before but found them too late. I have been spraying the plants with Thuricide the last two weeks. Any suggestions?
I am planning on taking the buds off the hanging branches and put the whole tub buds in the freezer over night.
u got pinkberry KUSH!?!?!?!?!

Top Bottom