Is this a Cal def? Pics!

• Thread starter captiankush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
captiankush

captiankush

Hey all, I recently started noticing that my chocolope seedling is showing what I think may be a cal or MG deficiency. It's a short little thing, only 8 inches tall but nice and bushy, nodes stacked one upon the other, besides the rust colored patches, she is doing well, IMO but obviously, I am looking for some confirmation.

As always, many thanks in advance.

CK

Is this a cal def pics
Is this a cal def pics 2
Is this a cal def pics 3
Is this a cal def pics 4
Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

looks like its only happing on the leaves near the pot rim , maybe be somethin else , maybe the black plastic is holding to much heat for leave to rest on

your new growth looks fine

E

edux10

you should try to add a lil cal/mg. nothing was spilt on them right? either way doesnt look too bad and may just be a sign that the soil needs a feed..:banana1sv6:

captiankush

captiankush

looks like its only happing on the leaves near the pot rim , maybe be somethin else , maybe the black plastic is holding to much heat for leave to rest on

your new growth looks fine

Yes, the issue is not uniform at all, I have never had a def before, so I am a little perplexed at this but not severely worried yet. I do have lots of air circulation but heat build up could be an issue. Seems to have sprung up after moving the choc directly under the 400, could this have given me the spots?

you should try to add a lil cal/mg. nothing was spilt on them right? either way doesnt look too bad and may just be a sign that the soil needs a feed..:banana1sv6:

I don't think they were spilled on but it is a possibility, I try to be careful when watering or feeding but sometimes misses happen.

I am using a 50/50 mix of ff happy frog & canna professional. I am feeding them bio bizz nutes with H & G roots excel. Whats the best way to add cal/mg to my mix?

I appreciate the replies, guys.

CK

Stinkyguy420

Stinkyguy420

Just a question what about hydro im having the same features on my plants and some yellowing in the new growth.??

S

skoobie dew

Get some calmag + & use it a 1/2 the recommended dosage. Kinda looks to me like you got a little nute water on your leaves when the lights were on & caused a burn, but it's hard to tell from the picks.

The other thing you can do is get some calcium nitrate & magnesium sulfate(eps salt) and make your own cal mag solution. You can order calcium nitrate online.

mack 10

mack 10

hi, does not look like calcium def to me. looks like the plant was splashed with something, which will evap and leave a residue/salts on the leaf, which cause's the burns/marks.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
When in doubt, flush it out. Those look heavily fed, if anything your locking them out or it's nutrient toxicity. My second guess would be a heat issue of some kind.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Are you sure that is Chocolope? I've grown this strain for quite sometime now and your pheno looks very indica due to the leaves. Are your other phenos similar looking? Have you flowered one out yet? Curious is all. Best of luck with the leaf spots. I would say that the splash/spill is probably the culprit. Cheers

L

Lost

Silly you.. Stop spilling nutes on the leaves when your watering :)

Carnack

Carnack

Premium Member
Supporter
it looks to me like you spray a mitecide on them when under the lights. I have seen that burn before and its most likely a result of some recent treatment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom