Is This A Decent Set Up For A First Time Grower.

• Thread starter BamaBushes32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DyersEve

DyersEve

What kind of lights do you use. All your plants look great. WhT strain???
In that room are 4 Kannibia Mataro Blues, 1 Blueberry phenotype Blueberry x OG Kush, 1 OG pheno of same, 4 Super Skunk x GSC's, 3 Destroyers, 3 Silver Dogs (2012 seedstock), 3 Super Skunks, 2 Jack Herers and 1 Krippleberry auto. All are from seed. Some like the auto I am making S1 seeds from and some I am selecting to make F2 stocks of and some will be used in test crosses with my Destroyer males. I have a lot more seed to grow out as well that won't be germinated until these are finishing up. Blueberry IBL, Peyote Purple (Bubba Kush IBL), Jamaican Haze x Peyote Purple F1s, Sandstorm x Peyote Purple F1s, Malawi x (Panama x Deep Chunk IBL), and a Purple Skunk IBL. In case you're wondering, IBLs are super stable inbred lines developed for breeding stock. I have more, but those are what I'll be working with for the next couple of years.

As far as lights go I'm pretty old school. I've got a half dozen 1k ballasts that I configure for sodium or metal halide depending on where I need them. Half of those I built half are XtraSun. I have 8 or 9 400 watters I do the same thing with but usually use as halides because I veg and clone more with those. And then I have several 250 watt HPS that I use to flower males or reversed females for pollen collection. I use XtraSun air cooled hoods, wings and parabolics also depending on where I'm using them. I've worked with a ton of configurations and other light sources like LEDs and T5s but I've kinda settled in to what works for what I'm doing. The lights I use are super versatile and easy to change configurations with. I'm not afraid of wiring so they work great for me. I have pretty good hookups for bulbs too. Nothing too fancy but I have bulbs for a lot of spectrums. Really though I don't go too crazy worrying about spectrum. I've found that with good soil and all I do for the plants spectrum has the most negligible effect on yield and quality of everything I do. Temperature, ventilation and humidity is waaay more important and actually have a noticable impact on quality and yield so I focus there when it comes to my environmental control. I also use aged (bucketed overnight) water at room temperature. This insures that, even though I'm using a spring and well water combination, there are no dissolved gasses in my water. That may sound like a lot, but it's really a fairly easy straight forward system that insures a reliable steady outcome that I have full control of.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

In that room are 4 Kannibia Mataro Blues, 1 Blueberry phenotype Blueberry x OG Kush, 1 OG pheno of same, 4 Super Skunk x GSC's, 3 Destroyers, 3 Silver Dogs (2012 seedstock), 3 Super Skunks, 2 Jack Herers and 1 Krippleberry auto. All are from seed. Some like the auto I am making S1 seeds from and some I am selecting to make F2 stocks of and some will be used in test crosses with my Destroyer males. I have a lot more seed to grow out as well that won't be germinated until these are finishing up. Blueberry IBL, Peyote Purple (Bubba Kush IBL), Jamaican Haze x Peyote Purple F1s, Sandstorm x Peyote Purple F1s, Malawi x (Panama x Deep Chunk IBL), and a Purple Skunk IBL. In case you're wondering, IBLs are super stable inbred lines developed for breeding stock. I have more, but those are what I'll be working with for the next couple of years.

As far as lights go I'm pretty old school. I've got a half dozen 1k ballasts that I configure for sodium or metal halide depending on where I need them. Half of those I built half are XtraSun. I have 8 or 9 400 watters I do the same thing with but usually use as halides because I veg and clone more with those. And then I have several 250 watt HPS that I use to flower males or reversed females for pollen collection. I use XtraSun air cooled hoods, wings and parabolics also depending on where I'm using them. I've worked with a ton of configurations and other light sources like LEDs and T5s but I've kinda settled in to what works for what I'm doing. The lights I use are super versatile and easy to change configurations with. I'm not afraid of wiring so they work great for me. I have pretty good hookups for bulbs too. Nothing too fancy but I have bulbs for a lot of spectrums. Really though I don't go too crazy worrying about spectrum. I've found that with good soil and all I do for the plants spectrum has the most negligible effect on yield and quality of everything I do. Temperature, ventilation and humidity is waaay more important and actually have a noticable impact on quality and yield so I focus there when it comes to my environmental control. I also use aged (bucketed overnight) water at room temperature. This insures that, even though I'm using a spring and well water combination, there are no dissolved gasses in my water. That may sound like a lot, but it's really a fairly easy straight forward system that insures a reliable steady outcome that I have full control of.
I like your style friend. I’m fairly old school myself. Are you up north? Not minding the heat of hids is usually a sign of northerness imo lol

DyersEve

DyersEve

I like your style friend. I’m fairly old school myself. Are you up north? Not minding the heat of hids is usually a sign of northerness imo lol
Sorry I didn't see this and reply sooner. I'm not the kind of person who ignores people. Anyhow, I'm not too far north. I'm about three hour or so from the Canadian border, but I am at about a mile in altitude in the mountains. We have real winters and great summers with about a week of spring and fall in between. My grow space is underground with a lot of air handling capability. That keeps things pretty steady. I also have a heat exchanger for when it gets over 100 outside. In the winter I pump waste heat into the crawlspace under our house. That keeps the floors in our old farm house warm through the cold months. I tell my wife and kids it's my version of Swiss floors (they circulate hot water through copper under the floors). I've had close to 20 years in this house to get dialed in and I still tweak things to get more of what I want. My set up was started when cannabis was still under prohibition so it's pretty self contained. What do you use? I'm always curious about other people's set ups and incorporate anything that I learn from them if I can.

Monster762

Monster762

I’m gonna start off with the step one. First which is a 3-2-0 but what can I buy to bring up my K with out P
I wouldn’t be in a big press to buy more. You already have plenty. Those fish and ferment plant extracts ( kelp) are strong. And for real at first no nutes. Most souls will get you completely through veg. Build microbes up and silica. Boost roots n stalks in veg then all you really need is flower food calmag and molasses
Feed them microbes the whole grow. They will reward you.

DyersEve

DyersEve

I wouldn’t be in a big press to buy more. You already have plenty. Those fish and ferment plant extracts ( kelp) are strong. And for real at first no nutes. Most souls will get you completely through veg. Build microbes up and silica. Boost roots n stalks in veg then all you really need is flower food calmag and molasses
Feed them microbes the whole grow. They will reward you.
Microbes and mycos are where it's at. I wish I had known that back in the 80's and 90's. Back in the good old days growing in just straight up rockwool or hydroton with drippers or power grower buckets and GH Flora all around. It's so much easier to go organic or what they used to call 'bio'. I still use Flora as a backup or with plants that just seem to prefer it. I also still like the Fox Farms Cha Ching, Beasty and Open Sesame when going all out hydro. That's not too often anymore.

Top Bottom