is this a deficiency a disease???

• Thread starter wd4d
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wd4d

Its an extremely abnormal growth only on one plant in like three different spots on the plant! Anybody seen this before and how do I combat it

Is this a deficiency a disease
Is this a deficiency a disease 2
Dunge

Dunge

What is your history with this plant?
Can you get us a picture of the entire plant with the trouble spots visible?
What phase of growth are you in?
First thing I'd do is scope like mad to be sure it wasn't mites.
Then I'd cut that shit away and hope it didn't grow back.
You are correct to be concerned about this, but they might grow through it.

MysteryChild

MysteryChild

Looks like she's mutating
Hopefully she morphs back to normal

hempmerican

hempmerican

how old is this plant? It looks like you have a ph issue from the upcurl on the larger fan leaves. Definitely mutant which I've seen when I'm feeding aggressively. Nothing looks like mites though...good news:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@geologic should look at this, maybe it's a sport mutation??

Is the plant from seed or a clone?
Exactly my thoughts!
Its an extremely abnormal growth only on one plant in like three different spots on the plant! Anybody seen this before and how do I combat it
Brother, I'm landing with SunGrown right now, I do believe you've found yourself an extremely unusual sport. I haven't read the thread "Breeding for Whorls" by @Sativied but... that's pretty wild. It looks like it's both variegated and whorled/curled.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Nice pics, first one hardly looks like cannabis anymore.

The whorl in my thread is regarding the leaf arrangement on the stems, phyllotaxy. In the pics above some the leaflets of the leaves itself are twisted, showing their bottom lighter side, making it look variegated. Doesn't look like a keeper to me but I wouldn't cut it either, it's possible the leaves "shape up" a little when they grow larger.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Very interesting looking, it's a new one for me.
I had one last year that looked like a "celery top", but grew out of it.

Cellerybis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mut1
Mut2

<from "Mutant Mary Jane" http://www.cannabis.info/USA/library/2401-mutant-mary-jane/ >

Other interesting leaf mutations can also occur, and breeders are paying close attention to them all for their potential in stealth growing. The Australian Bastard Cannabis (ABC) – sometimes known as Dizzy, depending upon the breeder – is another true-breeding example, which apparently originated somewhere near Sydney. The local growers who discovered wild populations of this apparently established mutation colloquially dubbed it 'mongy weed'. This singular plant has an appearance unlike any other form of Cannabis: the leaves are non-serrated, succulent and usually no greater than two inches in length, the overall structure is short and shrub-like, and the smell the growing plant gives off is faint.

Although the original strain is thought to be mutated ditch-weed with low cannabinoid content, efforts to cross it with more potent varieties have been occasionally successful. It has the added advantage of being extremely frost-resistant, and displays little of the hermaphroditism common in inbred wild populations. The trait is recessive: crosses have yielded mostly 'normal-looking' plants, but the few F2 offspring that exhibit the trait have produced quality pot with a spicy taste and a euphoric sativa high. This is definitely a type of Cannabis to look out for in the near future, as it was discovered relatively recently and research is ongoing. ...

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I do believe you've found yourself an extremely unusual sport. I haven't read the thread "Breeding for Whorls" by @Sativied but... that's pretty wild. It looks like it's both variegated and whorled/curled.

You should, while you can still get through it at one sitting Heh.
-Breeding for whorled phyllotaxy-

Sativied's doing what I've wanted to do;
but my lab is a 25' x 25' garden under-the-sun--
somewhat limited...

goliath

goliath

that is one munted looking plant. cant see how that would be desirible,,

Latest posts

Top Bottom