Is this a deficiency or the effects of light burn?

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Granted I have learned that not many people like to grow autos, but I'm hoping this is a general question that I can get answers 2.
I have 2 grows going. 2 Durban Poison in one grow tent and looking really good. And then I recently moved my gelato auto into another closet. Last week I noticed my Gelato was getting some light burn, so I immediety pulled my lights up and the plants overall look good.
Today I was about to water just now and noticed some browning in between veins and on tips of the colas tips that I first noticed light burn. Is that just coincidence, or is it a deficiency. Closest pictures to my issue i have found is suggesting CalMag. I HAVE heard mixed reviews on CalMag all the way up to flush and on my previous 2 grows I stopped CalMag 1 week into flowering. Now in more depth reading I'm seeing people swear it boosts yields, and use it till flush.
So is this effects from the light burn or a deficiency in people's opinion.
Thanks as always.
Picture of bud is my Gelato plants, and plants side by side are my durbans

jguit

jguit

Supporter
If you're talking about the tips of your leaves, it looks more like nutrient burn.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I will say that on one of my previous grows this happened a week before my leaves starting purple right after I lowered my temps. I am so new at all this and sincerely love learning about it all. And my friends and wife have loved nY grows and edibles thanks to you guys helping me along tye way

20220407 145411
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Your leaf tips still looked a bit burned (nutrient) but the damage could have been exacerbated by too much light. Check to make sure you're not overfeeding and back off the light. Then keep a close eye on things.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I was thinking of a "just watper" for today at 5.6 PH. No matter how I water on P.H. my soil reading is always at6.8 to 7. Been this way every run. I don't think a good flush would hurt it. Even wanted to take it outdoors today while it's 80 degrees but didn't wanna bring any outside intruders

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Not a soil grower but i'd advise against flushing your plants. Hopefully a soil grower can give you more advice. Are you feeding any other nutrients?

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I am going to do a flush. I am Using what I have only used my 2 previous grows. I will take a picture of the only things I'm giving now at Bloom and not everything while in veg.. flower fuel was an addition to my grow before this and made a big difference is bud size and desity

20220407 165049
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Rephrase... I did just water and not a flush till I just started seeing runoff

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

When the tips are burned like that it always indicates a hot feeding. I have always been told that autos are not crazy about over feeding or watering.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Me previous Autos, I was doing a feed8ng, a water, a feeding, a water etc..... this time I have been doing much lighter feedings each water. My dpurban poisons are my
Main focus. But still love my Gelato for smoke lol

Top Bottom