Is this a herm nanner?

• Thread starter NickSkyland
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NickSkyland

NickSkyland

Question here for the pros: Is this a herm?

Context: I just started growing again this summer and started with bag seeds. I ended up with about 6 males and 3 females.

I thought I separated males early enough, when they had barely showed sex at a few weeks old.

Months went by, I harvested a couple oz's off the girls, and damn, found seeds 😑

These are the clones I took off girls, meant to replace their mothers in flower room.

I'm not sure if they went herm or if the males got momma early.

I ordered legit seeds from RQS to replace these anyways, but curious if this is what a herm can look like. I've never had a herm or seed and have grown about 4 seasons.

Is this a herm nanner

Is this a herm nanner 2

A

alpha.ganjaguy

Can you please explain what this is as I would of thought it was herm I’m fairly new to growing really so just trying to understand what this is thanks
excuse my very basic descriptions below, def take a look at the link I posted in my earlier response or even search for more info online

basically nanners tend to be just that, the 'banana' looking part of a male plant, usually they will pop out of the actual buds as shown in the picture MisterHelix posted.. typically these pop out toward the end of flower and often times they are sterile and do not cause seeded bud

a true herm on the other hand will have both male and female flowers with the pollen sacks that you usually won't see on a plant showing nanners. true herms can show at any point during flowering and can/will pollinate your plant and cause seeds

R

Rodgerrabbit

excuse my very basic descriptions below, def take a look at the link I posted in my earlier response or even search for more info online

basically nanners tend to be just that, the 'banana' looking part of a male plant, usually they will pop out of the actual buds as shown in the picture MisterHelix posted.. typically these pop out toward the end of flower and often times they are sterile and do not cause seeded bud

a true herm on the other hand will have both male and female flowers with the pollen sacks that you usually won't see on a plant showing nanners. true herms can show at any point during flowering and can/will pollinate your plant and cause seeds
Thanks I had a crop go herm and I seen the bananas and when I checked the bud was seeding so I pulled it all cleaned out rebuilt and went agen put it down to a couple of power cuts I had during the last 4 weeks

NickSkyland

NickSkyland

I don't have anything else to put in flower so off they go lol. Crosses fingers. If no seeds from Generation 1, then the 100 seeds I got from Generation 0 are viable and not herm trash. Either way, no need to clone into Gen 2. I can't find any sign of herm either, hoping it was just males from early on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom