Is this a Magnesium def or something else.

• Thread starter Gasman5.0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

Day 55 from 12/12 flip. Soil indoor grow, 3500K 250w quantum, 1000w Morsen M1000 “198w measured” ( MG potting mix perlite coco and peat moss) been feeding GH Maxibloom 500~650ppm with Flower Fuel 100ppm @ 6.5ph every time they need a drink until this very last watering I which was just H2O with 93ppm FF and 1ml CalMag plus. I had added a light Morsen M1000 led light on 7/26 too help reach the lower buds and I noticed light burn/stress yesterday on the tallest leafs so I raised both lights up 4”.

Is this a magnesium def or something else
Is this a magnesium def or something else 2
Is this a magnesium def or something else 3
Is this a magnesium def or something else 4
Is this a magnesium def or something else 5
Is this a magnesium def or something else 6
Is this a magnesium def or something else 7
Is this a magnesium def or something else 8
Is this a magnesium def or something else 9
Is this a magnesium def or something else 10
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Day 55 from 12/12 flip. Soil indoor grow, 3500K 250w quantum, 1000w Morsen M1000 “198w measured” ( MG potting mix perlite coco and peat moss) been feeding GH Maxibloom 500~650ppm with Flower Fuel 100ppm @ 6.5ph every time they need a drink until this very last watering I which was just H2O with 93ppm FF and 1ml CalMag plus. I had added a light Morsen M1000 led light on 7/26 too help reach the lower buds and I noticed light burn/stress yesterday on the tallest leafs so I raised both lights up 4”.
Looks like a lockout from nutrient buildup.

I would give them a good flush. Like 3x the volume of the pot of water with cal mag at 1ml per gal. So if 5 gal pot run 15 gallons through them.

After that give them a gal of nutrient solution at about 400-600ppm.

It's a lot of work but those plants are way over fed. Likely just from feeding everytime with not enough runoff.

What is the the ratio mix of the media? 50/coco 30/perlite 20/peat?

I'm not sure I would mix peat and coco.

Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

Soil mix Miracle Grow potting mix 50qt, Perlite 8qt, Coco 1 brick, Peat 5~6 qt.

Being I’m in soil and should I flush at specific ph or what I normally water/feed with which is 6.5. Since I watered yesterday should go on flush today and address this or should I wait for reason for the soil too dry before flushing.

Today must be my lucky day, I only keep roughly 8 gallons of tap water at a time out in the sun gassing off so I just ran outside and checked my water right out the tap three times it’s 0ppm Chlorine and 6.73ph 74ppm.

Btw.. I took your CO2 advice/ guidance too heart and added the sugar/yeast generator and ran hose too a clip- on fan above the canopy and it’s working much better than I thought it would. My meter just came in so I powered it up read 375 outside the room and inside I was shocked too see 1400ppm CO2 from that little homemade bottle. I measured on the floor and up high and reading was consistent throughout the room👍🏼. Note room temp is actually 77 deg F the CO2 meter temp and humidity hadn’t fully acclimated.
Thanks again for the guidance😊

72C448FF 79B4 4FFF 867D 758575654A1B
Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Soil mix Miracle Grow potting mix 50qt, Perlite 8qt, Coco 1 brick, Peat 5~6 qt.

Being I’m in soil and should I flush at specific ph or what I normally water/feed with which is 6.5. Since I watered yesterday should go on flush today and address this or should I wait for reason for the soil too dry before flushing.

Today must be my lucky day, I only keep roughly 8 gallons of tap water at a time out in the sun gassing off so I just ran outside and checked my water right out the tap three times it’s 0ppm Chlorine and 6.73ph 74ppm.

Btw.. I took your CO2 advice/ guidance too heart and added the sugar/yeast generator and ran hose too a clip- on fan above the canopy and it’s working much better than I thought it would. My meter just came in so I powered it up read 375 outside the room and inside I was shocked too see 1400ppm CO2 from that little homemade bottle. I measured on the floor and up high and reading was consistent throughout the room👍🏼. Note room temp is actually 77 deg F the CO2 meter temp and humidity hadn’t fully acclimated.
Thanks again for the guidance😊
Perfect. Yes ph adjusted water with cal mag. They will droop after

Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

Question..
On adding the CalMag that’s only added in the final gal feed of water along with 500PPM of Maxibloom correct.? And what ppm of CalMag or ml dosing do you recommend.
Note: I did folar feed this girl this morning with Epsom 127ppm or 1/2 teaspoon/gal water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Question..
On adding the CalMag that’s only added in the final gal feed of water along with 500PPM of Maxibloom correct.? And what ppm of CalMag or ml dosing do you recommend.
Note: I did folar feed this girl this morning with Epsom 127ppm or 1/2 teaspoon/gal water.
Imo add 100ppm of cal mag and top up to 500ppm with maxibloom then add 1 gram per gal of mag sulfate. And test the ppm should be close to 580ish.

Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

No sir.. Using city tap water that I measured @ 6.7ph with 0ppm of chlorine and 74 ppm right out of the water hose.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No sir.. Using city tap water that I measured @ 6.7ph with 0ppm of chlorine and 74 ppm right out of the water hose.
Ok for flush add 100ppm of cal mag and ph to 6.5 then flush with that.

Last gal will be tap plus 75 ppm of cal mag then up to 550 ppm with maxibloom. Then add 1 gram per gal of mag sulfate and run 1 gal through after flush.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also your ph right out of the tap will be lower than it actually is. It's needs aerated first to get the proper ph reading. I'm betting it ends up around 7.2

Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

Clarification... Last gallon of flush with be CalMag + Maxibloom and then after that... I run the very last gallon of plain ph’d water with a 1 gram dose of mag sulfate and put her back the grow room.

Btw you were on the money with the ph.. I checked the tap water samples from this morning and they all settled in @ 7.07ph.

Thanks again my friend.. it’s much appreciated.!

Last edited:
Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

I flushed one plant tonight. I didn’t mess with watering in slow too catch the first run off but I did collect and check the first 5 gallons out and it’s was super low 5.23ph and 860ppm. I calibrated my ph meter and read it again 5.24. I ran 16 gallons of flush and flushed one more gallon with the nutrient mix through it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I flushed one plant tonight. I didn’t mess with watering in slow too catch the first run off but I did collect and check the first 5 gallons out and it’s was super low 5.23ph and 860ppm. I calibrated my ph meter and read it again 5.24. I ran 16 gallons of flush and flushed one more gallon with the nutrient mix through it.
👍

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Two words: Dolomite lime

Best way to raise and lock your soil PH in the proper range

Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

Two words: Dolomite lime

Best way to raise and lock your soil PH in the proper range

Yeah I learned about Dolomite lime fairly recently and I added what I thought was a good dose of DL for my 5gal pots that realistically have about 4.25 gals of soil in them.. anyways they had 1.5 TBS of very fine ground up powdery DL with another 2 TBS DL.. it probably hasn’t had enough time too work.
I was feed this plant too WAY TOO much not knowing anything as new green grower about growing. At first my watering routine was when the pot felt very noticeably lighter with the leaves were also dropping a bit and then I stopped that routine and started watering less volume and more often with nutes basically every other day or every day lately depending on how dry the soil felt with 500~1500ml mix of nutes @ 550~650ppm with no runoff unless doing a runoff ph test.
One thing that was a little concerning last night once the flushing was done and I’d ran 16 gallons of 6.5Ph water through this plant and I ran one more 6.5ph gallon with 510ppm nutes 79ppm CalMag, 430ppm GH Maxibloom plus 1 gram Mag sulfate was my final runoff Ph 6.21/251ppm and I figured after 17 gallons it would be right at 6.5 but it what it is I guess and I had too get her back in the room with only a few minutes before the lights switched off I called quits.
I did both other plants today, my biggest plant’s initial runoff measured 5.49ph and 113ppm, flushing with 6.55ph/156ppm water. I had been watering this one daily with 800~850 nutes so it was using everything.
My smallest and sickest liking plant runoff was 5.49/346ppm and I had been watering this one less often with nute mix 6.5ph / 350ppm.
I believe my on going ph issue has something too do with the soil mix I made up.. again not knowing what I was doing at the time I shouldn’t of added coco and peat. We’ll see how they look here in few days.

Thanks for helping.

Top Bottom