Is this a magnesium deficiency?

• Thread starter urijah710420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urijah710420

urijah710420

Hey guys! On day 29 of veg and noticing some issues with the leaves. Feeding at 1.0 ec. 5.8 PH. I'm noticing some spotting of light green. Also dark to light color on the fan leaves. I also switched nutes a couple days ago, was runny heavy 16(base only) but switched to canna coco A and B. 7ml A 7ml B 1.0 ec.
Day 29 4.jpeg

Day 29 3.jpeg
Day 29.jpeg
day 29 2.jpeg

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
firstly could be your light is a bit close or watering just a bit too frequently? before screwing around with nutrients.,
what light how close?
watering practices?

urijah710420

urijah710420

firstly could be your light is a bit close or watering just a bit too frequently? before screwing around with nutrients.,
what light how close?
watering practices?
CLW Solar system 550. I was running it at 30 inches at half power 200watts but have since(3 days ago) moved it to the very top of the tent running at 125 watts. I have the controller for the light and was following the spectrum ratios CLW recommends for veg but since the canoeing I switched to run it in only white light mode at 125w. I just transplanted 3 days ago, before that they were in solo cups getting watered 3-4 times a day. Prolly too much. I did notice the night I transplanted My outflow ec was 200-300 ppm lower than inflow. 500 in 200-300 out. So they were deff eating. They are now in 2 gallon smart pots and just got their first fertigation tonight in the 2gals(3days after transplant.) After transplanting I let the pots get pretty light before watering, waited 3 days so they were pretty dry on top. After watering tonight for the first time since transplant inflow 500-510 outflow was 600. I'm assuming it was either from letting them dry out as much as I did or because they haven't filled the pot out yet is why the inflow was higher? In solo cups outflow was always lower than inflow. Some of the leaves have real bad canoeing at the edges as seen below. I was having trouble keeping the humidity up when they were in solo cups but now I'm having no trouble keeping it 68+. I also scoped for bugs as a precaution but didn't see a single one.
Day 29 5
Day 29 6
Day 29 7

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok thanks.. clw is a led light, had to look it up, haha.. you should put it back to more blue, but leave the height and intensity the same..
i think it’s your watering practices.. when you transplanted they must of been root bound? did you notice if roots ripped or were stuck inside the cup?
temps should be 75 ish give or take with lights on and can up to 10 degrees lower with lights off. you should try to get humidity around 50-60..
i don’t know ppm ec or ph stuff, i never measure it, i grow with hp pro mix..
you said they are in 2 gallon bags so when it’s time to water i bet a half gallon is plenty enough to water a 2 gallon bag and probably be at least 5 days before watering again especially after a transplant..
you have a fan?
where is it compared to the plants?

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

I stagger my ph between 5.8 one week to 6.3 the next. I think it gives them a broader spectrum of nutrient availability.

There's nothing wrong with giving them a dry out period for a day or 2.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Not a deficiency problem. Light stress is. Still hitting it harder than it likes.
I'd suggest that you turn the light way back. Maybe 75w and watch the new growth for 30 days. I'm not into hydro so there are others more knowledgeable in that department but I'd say feeding 4 times a day is a little much as well. Run it once a day and watch your soil. If its drying out, run it twice a day.
Just enough to keep the plant from wilting. As the plant greens up and gets larger take a look at bumping the light back up a bit and increase the water as needed.

I'm thinking that your doing a great job, only the plant cant handle all that love just yet. Any chance you have Lux app on your smart phone?
I'm vegging under 4 -15w 6500 CFL bulbs at 6". My iphone lux meter = 20,000 lux at 6" and my plant is super happy.
My daytime temp is 78 night 70.

urijah710420

urijah710420

Downloaded the Luxx meter App. Currently running 30 blue 30 white and 14 red on the controller for my light. Its the ratio CLW reccomends for veg. Luxx came in at 3900's-6000's at canopy. Which seems too low but my leaves look stressed. Current temps are 75 degrees 56%rh with a leaf temp of 72-73. On the VPD calculator I use it says 1.02 kPa. Why are my leaves curling worse? Too low leaf temp? Really appreciate all the help!

urijah710420

urijah710420

Forgot to mention I also got a scale to insure I dont over or under water. Canna coco has a really informative video on how to water correctly using a scale. Currently watering when the pot looses 50% of water weight. Below is the video if anyone wants to check it out. Really appreciate all the help!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Forgot to mention I also got a scale to insure I dont over or under water. Canna coco has a really informative video on how to water correctly using a scale. Currently watering when the pot looses 50% of water weight. Below is the video if anyone wants to check it out. Really appreciate all the help!
hope it works out
keep us posted

TonyMac2020

TonyMac2020

Is that a bug on pic 1? My cheap phone can't tell. I would say lights cuz I just put a 400W hps on my clones still in solos and they all started tacoing on new growth. It's the plants way of protecting itself from the light much like you shield your eyes. Keep up the the watering tho! About the ppm did you rinse the coco?

urijah710420

urijah710420

Is that a bug on pic 1? My cheap phone can't tell. I would say lights cuz I just put a 400W hps on my clones still in solos and they all started tacoing on new growth. It's the plants way of protecting itself from the light much like you shield your eyes. Keep up the the watering tho! About the ppm did you rinse the coco?
It's just a little flak of coco. I have to lift my plants over each other to pull'em out of the tent. With fans running some blows off the top of the pot sometimes and lands on the plants below. I made sure to run my nute solution through the coco before using it. Before transplant I ran 1.0ec through each pot until the inflow matched outflow. For seedlings I used .4ec inflow and made sure it matched outflow before putting seeds with taproots into their cups.

MercDod

MercDod

Any resolution here, I think I have the same issue although mine were transplanted 11 days ago. I have two out of three with these spots although they all received the same feed. Also posted a separate thread.

Thanks

IMG 4642
IMG 4643
IMG 4644
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Any resolution here, I think I have the same issue although mine were transplanted 11 days ago. I have two out of three with these spots although they all received the same feed. Also posted a separate thread.

Thanks
more than likely your light is too close

Top Bottom