Is This A Male Or Female Plant

• Thread starter Jezza99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lucy66

I am also interested to find to find the answer. How to define the gender of the plants?

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

Not to post negative. I feel it's a learning experience figuring out what's an anther and what's a pistil. It's not hard. Do it once and you'll understand for all your future seed runs. In fact it's not going to hurt anything keeping a male around even a week or two into flower in most cases. If you can't tell by then no forum will help you. None of these pictures are even questionable if you'd wait even 48 hours from these pictures and you're question would be answered.

Dewd

Dewd

Not to post negative. I feel it's a learning experience figuring out what's an anther and what's a pistil. It's not hard. Do it once and you'll understand for all your future seed runs. In fact it's not going to hurt anything keeping a male around even a week or two into flower in most cases. If you can't tell by then no forum will help you. None of these pictures are even questionable if you'd wait even 48 hours from these pictures and you're question would be answered.
Seriously? Not to post negative but your response to this thread is that I figure it out myself. Lol. Thanks for your help! Why would you even respond? If you don't know the answer then don't respond. If you don't want to help then don't respond. Maybe you are used to other forums but around here we help each other out. I know what a male looks like in flower. I'm pretty sure I know what a male looks like in veg but I wanted a second opinion. I'm sure you are an "expert" pot grower but not everyone has your level of expertise.

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

Yea you need to figure it out yourself. What are we suppose to hold your fucking hand every step of the way. Grab some seed sprout grow and learn shit head. And no we help those who want to learn around here. If you know what a male looks like then why the fuck are you asking us.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Seriously? Not to post negative but your response to this thread is that I figure it out myself. Lol. Thanks for your help! Why would you even respond? If you don't know the answer then don't respond. If you don't want to help then don't respond. Maybe you are used to other forums but around here we help each other out. I know what a male looks like in flower. I'm pretty sure I know what a male looks like in veg but I wanted a second opinion. I'm sure you are an "expert" pot grower but not everyone has your level of expertise.

Obviously you're the one that doesn't know the answer. Do your research. There are about 10.000.000.000 threads with the same topic on male/female plants on this forum and it's getting pretty darn boring anwering same darn questions over and over again. Educate yourself. The answer you've got is the answer you deserve.

You say you know what a male in veg looks like? Then why bother asking this same question over and over again?

Dewd

Dewd

Yea you need to figure it out yourself. What are we suppose to hold your fucking hand every step of the way. Grab some seed sprout grow and learn shit head. And no we help those who want to learn around here. If you know what a male looks like then why the fuck are you asking us.
Obviously you're the one that doesn't know the answer. Do your research. There are about 10.000.000.000 threads with the same topic on male/female plants on this forum and it's getting pretty darn boring anwering same darn questions over and over again. Educate yourself. The answer you've got is the answer you deserve.

You say you know what a male in veg looks like? Then why bother asking this same question over and over again?
Damn guys... WTF... go smoke a joint! I just asked a question. I read the threads and still wanted a second opinion. I help when I can and ask for help when I need it. What's the problem with that? Again go smoke a joint! Jeeze!

Dewd

Dewd

Reading the threads about male plants I have seen that sometimes identification of males in veg can be tricky. I've thrown away dozens of what I assumed to be male plants in veg over the years. I just read that sometimes "male preflowers" might grow hairs meaning they are really female. Never heard that before. After reading this on this forum I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a second opinion for once on this topic. Was that wrong? Obviously it was to some.

Dewd

Dewd

Hmmm!

Screenshot 2017 07 24 15 05 51
Dewd

Dewd

this is bullshit dude. my male showed sex at day 36 under 18/6.

chris.
I know. I've been throwing out males in veg for years. I read in here that sometimes what looks like a male preflowers is actually a female in desguise. So I posted a pic of a male flower to get a second opinion and got yelled at for it. Forgot all about it until I read demon's comment.

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

The point I was trying to make was there is conflicting info. Even from top members here. All I was trying to do was get clarification. There was no need for snide remarks neter. Maybe from here we can be friendlier.

Indeed, one of the most important traits you can learn as a cannabis grower specifically is patience. A male plant will show sex before it drops pollen. So flower it see the sacks and cull the plant. Or pay for genetic testing in veg, showing pictures of the first signs of anthers or pistils and wanting a response solves what? You end up with a thousand responses from new and old growers and you confuse yourself more. It's up to you and you're patience to solve and resolve you're own questions. Take the reigns and make some mistakes or solve them. But relying on others to make you're decisions is a very shitty practice, and almost certainly leaves you dependent instead of independent. Had you not been in such a hurry with all the "males" you culled you'd already have answered and solved you're dilemma, am I correct.

Dewd

Dewd

Indeed, one of the most important traits you can learn as a cannabis grower specifically is patience. A male plant will show sex before it drops pollen. So flower it see the sacks and cull the plant. Or pay for genetic testing in veg, showing pictures of the first signs of anthers or pistils and wanting a response solves what? You end up with a thousand responses from new and old growers and you confuse yourself more. It's up to you and you're patience to solve and resolve you're own questions. Take the reigns and make some mistakes or solve them. But relying on others to make you're decisions is a very shitty practice, and almost certainly leaves you dependent instead of independent. Had you not been in such a hurry with all the "males" you culled you'd already have answered and solved you're dilemma, am I correct.
I do know how to tell the difference. I have flowered males. Obviously you are missing the point. There is some confusion out there. Before I found thcfarmer I never knew there was confusion on this subject. I'm sure I can tell a male/female 99.9% of the time in veg. I wanted to see what kind of response I got. Maybe I could learn something new. No need for the attitude.

Top Bottom