Is This A Nutrient Lockout?

• Thread starter pipedream808
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pipedream808

Hello guys

I’m new to this forum and to growing as well. I might need some help/suggestion of yours.
It’s my fifth week into flower (Seeds were supposed to be Diesel Autos,but they didnt start to flower until i switched to 12/12)

The most process has been really normal as plant didnt struggle to anything until last weeked, rhe half of the plant that was under the most intense light side changed colour to more yellowish,but the other part of thr plant was still a normal color thst was supposed to br. After a few days, i’m starting to notice some purplish dots on the leaves and petioles as well. Petioles might be normal as i grow two exact seeds and other plant looks gorgeous but also has purple petioles. I have measured my pH outrun two times only and was around 5.9.

I havent also flushed the plant before going to flowering and i have been giving her a lot of food so i guess she is starving now.

I’m using gH trio nutes and started to add 5ml of liquid koolbloom additionally to normal schedule. One thing, i think i watered her the last time with a water that was ph of around 7.5. Overall the plant still looks good. I want to find a solution to successfully end the harvest.

Is this a nutrient lockout
Is this a nutrient lockout 2
Is this a nutrient lockout 3
Is this a nutrient lockout 4
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Yellowing of shade leaves is normal late in flower. Your buds look fine to me. I'd stay the course. Do NOT increase nutes or chase deficiencies.

P

pipedream808

Yellowing of shade leaves is normal late in flower. Your buds look fine to me. I'd stay the course. Do NOT increase nutes or chase deficiencies.

Thanks for your attention! I also know that yellowing is okay, but i grow two same seeds together and other one is really fine with colours. She is more darker and hasnt got any yellowing or shades. Curious, how can half of the plant go yellowing? Why not the whole one?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Thanks for your attention! I also know that yellowing is okay, but i grow two same seeds together and other one is really fine with colours. She is more darker and hasnt got any yellowing or shades. Curious, how can half of the plant go yellowing? Why not the whole one?
I don't know, but it happens. I have two plants right now, where one plant of the strain is showing yellowing, while the other isnt, despite identical treatment. In general, if the buds are forming, the plant is overall healthy, I just accept it as variation between phentypes.

P

pipedream808

I don't know, but it happens. I have two plants right now, where one plant of the strain is showing yellowing, while the other isnt, despite identical treatment. In general, if the buds are forming, the plant is overall healthy, I just accept it as variation between phentypes.
Thank you! I also haven’t flushed her before she went to flower. You think should i do it with tap ph-ed water?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

By the way, its unfortunately common to have multiple phenotypes from supposedly identical seeds. More common than not, in my recent experience. So variation between seeds is not unexpected

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

not sure what your numbers are on your feed,what are they?reason,i have found that even with ideal ph range in soil,is it in soil,you didnt say,that with the feed recomendations that are really high for sales purposes,that they do keep the numbers pretty much even for stage of growth,now with that said,i have used the kool bloom boast myself every other week and burned the shit out of the leaves,that extra P locks out the mag and cal,all are in same range by the scale,one flop to the side takes out 1 the p on one side or the 2 on other side,so adding the kool bloom which is phosphurus locked out you k,hard to explain what im thinking,go to the soil chart and check out the ideal range,in soil 6.5 is the number with just 2 points swing either side and is the safe zone,you spotted it early ,a good thing,my suggestion is the same as i do,dont give the kool bloom,if you need extra p or k just bump that feed up a bit

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Thank you! I also haven’t flushed her before she went to flower. You think should i do it with tap ph-ed water?
No need to flush before flower. I personally don't believe in flushing at all for a lot of reasons that I won't go into here. Check out the plants in the top and bottom links in my sig and see how this works.

P

pipedream808

No need to flush before flower. I personally don't believe in flushing at all for a lot of reasons that I won't go into here. Check out the plants in the top and bottom links in my sig and see how this works.
I have read that when adding nutes to the soil, time by time there is a lot of salts in the roots so doesnt that have to be cleaned or so?

P

pipedream808

not sure what your numbers are on your feed,what are they?reason,i have found that even with ideal ph range in soil,is it in soil,you didnt say,that with the feed recomendations that are really high for sales purposes,that they do keep the numbers pretty much even for stage of growth,now with that said,i have used the kool bloom boast myself every other week and burned the shit out of the leaves,that extra P locks out the mag and cal,all are in same range by the scale,one flop to the side takes out 1 the p on one side or the 2 on other side,so adding the kool bloom which is phosphurus locked out you k,hard to explain what im thinking,go to the soil chart and check out the ideal range,in soil 6.5 is the number with just 2 points swing either side and is the safe zone,you spotted it early ,a good thing,my suggestion is the same as i do,dont give the kool bloom,if you need extra p or k just bump that feed up a bit
Unfortunately my numbers vary a lot. Since it is my second grow, i’m still new to nutes and growing. I grow it in soil. My outrun has been 5.9 a few times so perhaps i have to water it with ph 7.0 to make it to 6.5.

Last few feedings were: 8ML Micro,16Bloom,5Klolbloom. before bloom was 12,5.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I don't know your light situation, but I can tell you my experience. More intense light will work your plants harder. When I first switched from my LED to my gavita, some of my plants that were extremely healthy showed deficiency in just a couple days. Are you in soil? If so your pH should be around 6.5.

P

pipedream808

I don't know your light situation, but I can tell you my experience. More intense light will work your plants harder. When I first switched from my LED to my gavita, some of my plants that were extremely healthy showed deficiency in just a couple days. Are you in soil? If so your pH should be around 6.5.
Yes i grow in Soil. My outrun was 5.9 about a month ago, but unfortunately i havent checked it lately. Should i just water it with 7ph tap water?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I have read that when adding nutes to the soil, time by time there is a lot of salts in the roots so doesnt that have to be cleaned or so?
well, you read a lot of bullshit about growing weed. A lot of people talk about so-called salts that wouldn't recognize one if it bit them in the ass. The best answer to this is to experiement. Try flushing half of your plants and not flushing the other half, and let the plants tell you.

I have been growing for over 40 years. I tried flushing some years back, and couldn't tell a difference. There is considerable plant science that indicates that the theory behind flushing is absurd. There is considerable evidence from farming in general that flushing is absurd. I don't bother. I get no complaints about my weed, no comments that it tastes funny. I have yet to have an adherent of flushing present any science based argument that makes sense.

P

pipedream808

well, you read a lot of bullshit about growing weed. A lot of people talk about so-called salts that wouldn't recognize one if it bit them in the ass. The best answer to this is to experiement. Try flushing half of your plants and not flushing the other half, and let the plants tell you.

I have been growing for over 40 years. I tried flushing some years back, and couldn't tell a difference. There is considerable plant science that indicates that the theory behind flushing is absurd. There is considerable evidence from farming in general that flushing is absurd. I don't bother. I get no complaints about my weed, no comments that it tastes funny. I have yet to have an adherent of flushing present any science based argument that makes sense.
Thank you!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I think flushing is more of a relic of hydroponics. Or new growers freaking out. In organics it’s not needed MOST of the time.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Yes i grow in Soil. My outrun was 5.9 about a month ago, but unfortunately i havent checked it lately. Should i just water it with 7ph tap water?
I don't like to give much advice because I am on my first grow. But just know that everyone's grow is different and every plant is different. But always make sure to check your pH after adding your nutes because they will drop your pH a lot. Also, (and this is just me) I always water my plants with a pH between 6.3-6.8 going in, and damn near every time it comes out between 6.3-6.5. pH affects what nutrients are available to your plant. So a slight fluctuation is actually a good thing. But not too much fluctuation, there is a pH chart on here somewhere. Or you could probably Google "weed pH chart." That may help you if you have never seen it before.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ok i do it,you CANNOT flush soil period,period,you can drench but not flush period,all that left is mud and by the time it dries out you have compaction and strangled roots that just rot,period,you cannot check runoff ph in soil,soil is a mineral,be like taking humic acid and trying to do a ph paper test with it,you just cant,start by a 6.5 soil ph yes do the test even with bag brands,next feed at 6.5 for ideal mineral uptake,if you are ocd about things,maintain the ppm going in for stage of growth,i say this because i use KNF technic,all of it is fermented,fermented products are pretty much alchol,so go by ppm intake if you cant get ph and ppm ideal,soil has a goal,you feed it not the plant,for all the boasting and shit to make milk on your sugar leaves,maybe hydro or soiless is better with that you can flush all you want,flush soil your done,even in nature the water and feed just go back to the water table if you dig,in pots not happening,if you water everyday use a cup and just keep your pots moist,if you feed twice a week or any thing along those line then as soon as you see runoff,your done,that is were if any salt comes out,last you have to maintain balance,flopping around with the numbers give you what you got,same ph going in every time,if you like the low side so be it but same all the time,hope it help like someone else above said,been down this road many times,doesnt seem to help when you got your min made up already

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I think flushing is more of a relic of hydroponics. Or new growers freaking out. In organics it’s not needed MOST of the time.
I have yet to meet an adherent of flushing that:

1) knows the most basic facts about solution chemistry and how that interacts with plant nutrient uptake mechanisms
2) can point to the cell structure that supposedly 'stores' nutrients to that need to be flushed
3) can explain what happens to the supposedly flushed nutrients. Show me how they are excreted.

They just 'know' that it will make your weed taste bad if you don't flush. With de-ionized coconut water. In the dark phase of the moon. Funny how they never seem to mind the taste of my unflushed weed. I remember, back in the 80's when I was still commercial, a customer commenting about how he hated the 'chemical taste' of hydro weed in comparison to mine. He didn't know, and I didn't bother to inform him, that I was a hydro grower. He paid $2400/lb in 1982, multiple times, and loved it, as his customers loved it.

If you can't taste it in a blind test, it ain't real, as my customer demonstrated. I have literally dozens of data points indicating that people can't detect an unflushed plant from inspection and smoking. So why bother? I feed up to the end.

Excuse me, I have to go feed the plants I'm going to harvest next week. :-)

Top Bottom