Is this a recipe for disaster?

• Thread starter bass ackwards
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bass ackwards

I would like to start up my next grow within a sealed room using coco in Smart Pots and supplement CO2.

What I am concerned about is the porous nature of Smart Pots. As I have been told these pots "breathe". As I have also been told CO2 is not good for the roots. If both of these statements are true it would seem that I would not be able to use Smart Pots in a CO2 supplemented room.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions on this matter?
I could really use advice here.

respect bass

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
That is a great question! I wish I had the answers for ya but i never used a smart pot before. What if you put a fan near the floor blowing the CO2 up away from the root zone? Not only would this help to evenly distribute the CO2, but keep the heavier then air CO2 off the floor where it would settle otherwise. I'm talking out my ass but trying to brainstorm a bit for you. lol Good luck bro
Cheers,
Crom

buffbuds

buffbuds

never had a problem with my set-ups. they don't breath in and breathe out, it's more like they allow moisuter to leave the edges, and the pots air prune the rootball for you.

B

bass ackwards

I probably picked up some bad information somewhere and have been told that CO2 is not healthy for roots when they are exposed to it. Thinking that to be true I was concerned about using these "pots" since they would allow the CO2 into the root zone. Just to make sure, I am going to supplement CO2 to levels of 1300/1500ppm. So you guys are saying that should not be a concern. That even at those levels the root system would not be affected?

Respect bass

M

MASSES 420KING

ya you should deffinatley be able to enrich your room and have no worries about co2 gettin to the root mass i believe that what they mean by the pots being able to breathe is it allows moisture to leave and when roots start to grow into pot the pot should airprune your roots now the cool thing about air pruning or cs pruning is that it makes the roots become more fiberous which in turn helps the roots to absorb more nutrients and water go for it brotha all the best luck to you on your endeavor

B

bass ackwards

Many thanks to all. It seems my fears have been unfounded,that's good because I really wanted to try these pots since I have heard so much about them. Again I thank you all.

Respect bass

T

TKGC

Smart pots allow faster dehydration - that means a bit more humidity to deal with in an enclosed environment.

Other than that.... what buffbuds, lost & waayne said.

Top Bottom