Is this a seed sac?

• Thread starter HomegrownOhighO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beazy

Beazy

Just pluck em for now n keep an eye on her ! I had a seed plant throw a few balls here n there but not a one on the clones from same plant ! Best of luck

R

RGWD0202

I just ran into this same problem, if you look at my recent journal. I ended up making the tough decision to remove them.
How many plants do you have?
Is this just for you?
How much time do you have every day?
Do you have the ability to isolate it in another area/tent?
Is it bag seed?
Any light leaks?

H

HomegrownOhighO

I just ran into this same problem, if you look at my recent journal. I ended up making the tough decision to remove them.
How many plants do you have?
Is this just for you?
How much time do you have every day?
Do you have the ability to isolate it in another area/tent?
Is it bag seed?
Any light leaks?
I have 2. One is in flower and the herm. They are both in separate tents. It is just personal. I have enough time to tend to it everyday. Blueberry auto beans from fastbuds. No light leaks either.

R

RGWD0202

I have 2. One is in flower and the herm. They are both in separate tents. It is just personal. I have enough time to tend to it everyday. Blueberry auto beans from fastbuds. No light leaks either.
If you can keep them isolated then I’d go for it, you’ll get smokable weed and won’t risk ruining any other plants. Just keep up on pulling those pollen sacs. If you end up with seeds, they’ll likely carry the hermie gene so if you get a few and decide to grow em I’d keep that in mind.

H

HomegrownOhighO

If you can keep them isolated then I’d go for it, you’ll get smokable weed and won’t risk ruining any other plants. Just keep up on pulling those pollen sacs. If you end up with seeds, they’ll likely carry the hermie gene so if you get a few and decide to grow em I’d keep that in mind.
Yeah, I mean it's my first ever grow. I've put this he/she through so much, I just want to leave it alone and see what happens and gain experience from it. Of course I will start pulling the pollen sacs. Just so funny I found the tiniest pistil this more and then immediate disappointment, oh well. Live and learn. I'll be happy with the one in flower if I get a zip, dry weight and that's looking promising. I do have a question though. I have been struggling with tip burn and yellowing this whole time with the girl. She got Gaia Green Bloom 2 weeks ago today and a compost consisting of molasses, worm castings, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, seabird guano, and epsom salt. Not to mention the brown spots every where and seems to be spreading. My light is at 24" and only 55% intensity. If I go any higher on the intensity my vpd starts going over 1.5kPa keeping the tent under 50% humidity and about 77 degrees. Otherwise, the buds are growing by the second and have decent amount of sugar on them.

IMG 20240201 180536477 HDR
IMG 20240201 180524126
IMG 20240201 180520326
IMG 20240201 180513869
IMG 20240201 172332397
R

RGWD0202

Looks like a possible calcium deficiency? Do you use cal/mag?

H

HomegrownOhighO

Looks like a possible calcium deficiency? Do you use cal/mag?
I do not but from what I've been told Gaia Green has a lot of calcium and I just added some Epsom salt when I watered this past Sunday. I added a 2 tsp to 2 gallon tea I watered with. To me I didn't feel it was enough but what do I know?

R

RGWD0202

I do not but from what I've been told Gaia Green has a lot of calcium and I just added some Epsom salt when I watered this past Sunday. I added a 2 tsp to 2 gallon tea I watered with. To me I didn't feel it was enough but what do I know?
It could be just the opposite, too much cal. I’m sure someone on here will be able to confirm for sure.

I know the feeling on that hermie, I had 5 going, Scrog was full and then saw one of those sacs took that 1 out then 2 more had em and was going to pick through them but spent a couple hours 1 day and then found a bunch more the next day so ended up chopping. I used bag seed and they were likely from a plant that was pollinated by a hermie.

IMG 1660
R

RGWD0202

Another possibility could be a pest, have you turned the leaves over to look for any bugs like spider mites?

H

HomegrownOhighO

here's a collection of male flower i removed you can see some male flowers not yet open, and some of the banana you'll find inside the flowers.

View attachment 2112972
Below is what I pulled off today. Not sure if I'll continue to do that every day/week. What's the worst that could happen? I have seeds, oh well. I know for a fact I've put this plant through unnecessary stress so I'm not quite sure this was genetic. On the other hand, the flower sites are really taking off so he/she has indeed started flowering. I gave it Gaia Green Bloom 2 weeks ago but I need to come up with a better feeding schedule. I would like to stick to the compost tea method because mostly everything I have amended with has been organic. Just unsure how often to feed the tea? Every watering, every other, honestly no clue?

IMG 20240204 150608705
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

teas are normally once a week, kelp meal and alfalfa meal are high in nitrogen, you want to be reducing that in flower. are you bubbling your own teas?
With the Gaia Green you could just give them straight water, or you could use a microbe solution, Microlife, this product, https://a.co/d/dsmLZO8, is great, you can also use Recharge, that is a very easy mix to use, it will help keep you soil ph correctly

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

When you say everything you have amended, what other things have you added to the soil?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Below is what I pulled off today. Not sure if I'll continue to do that every day/week. What's the worst that could happen? I have seeds, oh well. I know for a fact I've put this plant through unnecessary stress so I'm not quite sure this was genetic. On the other hand, the flower sites are really taking off so he/she has indeed started flowering. I gave it Gaia Green Bloom 2 weeks ago but I need to come up with a better feeding schedule. I would like to stick to the compost tea method because mostly everything I have amended with has been organic. Just unsure how often to feed the tea? Every watering, every other, honestly no clue?
this start to be a fair amount of males part for one plant, usually males flower will show for 2-4 weeks max then they will stop to show afterward, if not then that's a more severe hermie case.

H

HomegrownOhighO

teas are normally once a week, kelp meal and alfalfa meal are high in nitrogen, you want to be reducing that in flower. are you bubbling your own teas?
With the Gaia Green you could just give them straight water, or you could use a microbe solution, Microlife, this product, https://a.co/d/dsmLZO8, is great, you can also use Recharge, that is a very easy mix to use, it will help keep you soil ph correctly
Yes I am bubbling my own. I gave it Gaia Green Bloom exactly 2 weeks ago, along with the tea. The watering this weekend was just water. I'm trying to stay organic but honestly still lost if I'm doing it right?

H

HomegrownOhighO

this start to be a fair amount of males part for one plant, usually males flower will show for 2-4 weeks max then they will stop to show afterward, if not then that's a more severe hermie case.
Well, there's no way that was every sac. Damn close but I know some were left on. Oh well, still going to see what he/she puts out.

C

chronic2

Some hermaph in the beginning stages, grow more at the bottom of the branch closer to the ground, then turn female. If around more plants, then it will lock into a male. I usually wait for males to bud balls, but pull before it can burst that young. Gives more time for the females to lock into a female and not hermaph.

Thing is, enough plants to sacrifice a season of seeds, you can then plant next season and have plenty of seeds for years to come. Then pull as soon as you see a male, the females will bud without seeds.

Like last year, this is the 4th gen of seedless buds, but some hermaph early and I'm seeing growth for this year again as have the last 4 gens.

Pulled plants till I had my legal 12 growing, then pulled whatever males and/or females till I had 6 full grown ladies. Way too much product so I threw half the crop away. Going to pull most of them this year and maybe grow two.

Males grow at the stems that Y out and grow off in between the stems as shown in photo. Females bud at the middle of the leaf. That's how I can tell who to pull if I don't want seeds.

H

HomegrownOhighO

Some hermaph in the beginning stages, grow more at the bottom of the branch closer to the ground, then turn female. If around more plants, then it will lock into a male. I usually wait for males to bud balls, but pull before it can burst that young. Gives more time for the females to lock into a female and not hermaph.

Thing is, enough plants to sacrifice a season of seeds, you can then plant next season and have plenty of seeds for years to come. Then pull as soon as you see a male, the females will bud without seeds.

Like last year, this is the 4th gen of seedless buds, but some hermaph early and I'm seeing growth for this year again as have the last 4 gens.

Pulled plants till I had my legal 12 growing, then pulled whatever males and/or females till I had 6 full grown ladies. Way too much product so I threw half the crop away. Going to pull most of them this year and maybe grow two.

Males grow at the stems that Y out and grow off in between the stems as shown in photo. Females bud at the middle of the leaf. That's how I can tell who to pull if I don't want seeds.
I'm not worried about seeds in the buds, it's just personal and it's in a separate tent that my one in flower. So, you are saying it will lock into male and not produce buds at the flower sites because outside of the herm issue, the bud sites look promising.

C

chronic2

I'm saying you show a female in a separate tent, send him in with her, you'll seed her. But if you want her to grow a thick hairy bush, kill the male now. The THC is in the female.

It's more an hour by hour watch. Early stages the male will show its nuts and boom, pollen pops, your done; with seeds at the end of the season. See males now at any stage, yank it. This way the female will bud product and hardly show seed if any.

Depends how many plants. If you want seedless females pull any male plant now. Both are locked in as to who they are. Don't wait for the nuts to grow fatter. They pop younger than you think. If say you have two plants only, one will turn male, the other female. You'll still get mommy's milk to blow your head off. The benny of mom and dad is when the female dries, you have two dominate seeds spinning off showing who is who in the leaf count.

Took 4 generations of growing on its own, left seeds dropped on their own to grow again. 2nd gen grew just one plant like sativa, the rest grew like indica. This last round of growth [4th gen] on their own, shot up a rich green 7-leaf indica, the rest were pale green 5-leaf ruderalis.

Top Bottom