is this a sound late flower strategy?

• Thread starter MImedMJpatient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MImedMJpatient

I have been wondering if since nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorous are essential in differing ratios (according to stage of growth) to plant health and bud production, taste, and potency, is it safe to say that in the last week or two of flower that giving them "too much" phosphorous, i.e. enough to show in leaves but with it in mind that the plant's growth is no longer the priority (THC production is), will in fact enhance the last few days of cannabinoid production.

Do we care that the plant got too much phosphorous? Is leaf damage the only issue and since leaves are for vertical growth, is that not okay at such a late stage?

Thanks in advance!

The HC

The HC

Although, my gut says "no" I want to see the answer for this one.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
well

it depends on your school of thought on flushing?

some say that it will hurt your smoke teste and burn not to flush

some say it dont matter
a better way to think of it is
how much will my plant consume from start to finish ?
in this way you can give it all that it needs in 5 , 7 ,8 etc weeks and leave the last weeks to clean out

also plants work off of osmosis if you give the girl more nutes than are inside her it will hurt her .this is why when you feed heavy that the plants droop like they were overwaterd well if the nutes in the medium are higher than in the plant cells she will put water out through her roots to try and dilute the nutes ..here this will explain it better than me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_pressure
happy growing :hi

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Also depends on how clean your source of Phosphorous is. Impurities matter. Plants metabolize phosphites faster than phosphates.

I_Love_THC

I_Love_THC

Another thing to put into account is that organic sources of micro/macro-elements usually are processed by the soil microorganisms - so, I guess that should be considered. Not to mention that plants need Phosphorous during the first half of flowering and more Potassium during the rest of the blooming phase (to get bigger buds). Also, steady intake of Nitrogen is often neglected or even rejected and stopped during the last few weeks. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, here are some tests, regarding the nitrogen and its use on different stages of plant's development, hehe...
It is important to know that K is the key to healthy plants, as it controls the stomata - plant cells that actually use the water.
IMO, the real logic behind the old boosters (like PK:13/14 - 1:1) and the new boosters (like Hammerhead - PK:9/18 - 1:2) - P for potency, K for bigger bud... anyway - my ol' silly stoned mind is playing puzzle again, sorry.
I would love to have a test by myself - if I start using clones, instead of seeds, I will surely have at least one clone with a higher P-levels before final-flushing... Until then - I hope you'd share how everything went, friend. + rep for the great idea!
Peace and Respect.

Top Bottom