Is this amount of light OK

• Thread starter KYSEAN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KYSEAN

KYSEAN

I downloaded an online app for my IPhone as a light meter. After calibration, my readings are LUX: 39000 FC:3900 This is for a single plant 5 days post flip. The plant looks as healthy as I could Hope for. I was just wondering if those readings tell you anything I should know. My lighting is one of those cheap 1000w panel LED full spectrum lights that I bet put out 150-200 w and a 150w 3000k spot for the flowering stage.
Is this amount of light ok
Is this amount of light ok 2

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I saw CO2 enhanced on those charts. @KYSEAN don't worry about CO2 enhancement at this time. It's not necessary to grow good weed. It's expensive to add a proper system, For it to work correctly, the environment must be sealed to keep the gasses contained. This doesn't make CO2 a bad thing because it certainly has its place. It's just not necessary for the small home grower to have success. After a few grows are under your belt? Sure, add it if you want. Just be sure to seal things up so that the CO2 stays with the plants.

As for your lighting ... At some point, I'd consider upgrading it. It's fine for now I suppose but I'm not real fond of these 150watt specials found on Amazon claiming to provide 1000w of light. What does 1000w refer to? It's abstract, totally arbitrary and has no real meaning. It's a 150 watt light. There's also no underwriter's lab or CE ratings on some of this stuff coming out of China. There could be some safety concerns as well.

KYSEAN

KYSEAN

I saw CO2 enhanced on those charts. @KYSEAN don't worry about CO2 enhancement at this time. It's not necessary to grow good weed. It's expensive to add a proper system, For it to work correctly, the environment must be sealed to keep the gasses contained. This doesn't make CO2 a bad thing because it certainly has its place. It's just not necessary for the small home grower to have success. After a few grows are under your belt? Sure, add it if you want. Just be sure to seal things up so that the CO2 stays with the plants.

As for your lighting ... At some point, I'd consider upgrading it. It's fine for now I suppose but I'm not real fond of these 150watt specials found on Amazon claiming to provide 1000w of light. What does 1000w refer to? It's abstract, totally arbitrary and has no real meaning. It's a 150 watt light. There's also no underwriter's lab or CE ratings on some of this stuff coming out of China. There could be some safety concerns as well.
I will save for a good lighting system soon. It is fun trying to grow as cheaply as possible and strive for a good outcome. Seems easier with one plant like I'm doing. I've learned a lot through trial and error and especially here with great advice

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I will save for a good lighting system soon. It is fun trying to grow as cheaply as possible and strive for a good outcome. Seems easier with one plant like I'm doing. I've learned a lot through trial and error and especially here with great advice
"Good" lighting doesn't have to break the bank. Look for quality parts like samsung diodes and meanwell drivers. There's other good brands but those are the ones most people look for when operating on a budget. They are out there and for a few plants, you won't need a ton of watts. Depending on garden size, anywhere between 240 watts and 480 watts (with dimmers) is plenty. (30 watts per square foot of growing space is a good starting point.)

KYSEAN

KYSEAN

"Good" lighting doesn't have to break the bank. Look for quality parts like samsung diodes and meanwell drivers. There's other good brands but those are the ones most people look for when operating on a budget. They are out there and for a few plants, you won't need a ton of watts. Depending on garden size, anywhere between 240 watts and 480 watts (with dimmers) is plenty. (30 watts per square foot of growing space is a good starting point.)
Thank you

Top Bottom