Is this Bad?

• Thread starter MrTools9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

I pack em tight like you do, they look fine. One thing I do at about 30 days in is cut off the big fan leaves that are between 6-8 inches down from the top, this will give you a deeper light penetration and really chunk up the bottom ends of those spears. Also I limb up from the bottom cuz that is just wasted energy. I typically maintain a canopy that is no more than 24 inches deep. Bellow that is going to end up too small IMO.

MrTools9

MrTools9

Big bro .. I'm on it I will pull those leaves off those 7 ladies!!! Thank you for the Game!!!

MrTools9

MrTools9

Question ... My trike heads are raspberry red but the stalks are simi clear...a couple of ambers , but the stalks are not cloudy... Should I hold out ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, I would hold out. How's the rest of the plant looking and performing? Are the buds still growing and fattening up? Are there still a lot of new white pistils being thrown out, or is it looking more and more autumnal and reddish? What do the fans and other leaves look like? Autumnal, or bright green?

MrTools9

MrTools9

Fan leaves are holding up ,but yellowing at the top... Getting some used energy eating from the top layer,buds are packing it on...just no milk in the trikes yet,but this first week of flush,but I was just wondering why I was getting redheads and amber befor the milky stalks?

Thanks Seamaiden for the input

Last edited:
MrTools9

MrTools9

bubba pre 98 is throwing some braided ,and the green crack is outstanding in structure,I know SpaceCoaster it's going Hard as always ...you know how it goes new set up ...almost there, but new twist to the plot...lol that's Space Coaster gettin it in.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looking close to the end there to my eyes.

I use trichomes as part of the "is she ready" picture. They're not the end-all be-all way to figure it out. ;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
1: Are the buds still growing and fattening up, or have they slowed down?
2: Pistils. Is it still throwing out tons of new pistils, or just mostly at the top with the rest of the bud having a reddish appearance due to all the dead pistils?
3: The plant itself. Is it still all bright green, or is it showing fading or other color changes? Is it dropping fan leaves?

I've found that by using the above metrics I can gauge just as easily, if not more so, than by using trichomes only. Also, I learned a long time ago that not all plants' trichomes will progress by the usual clear --> cloudy --> amber. Sometimes some girls will go from clear to amber, BOOM! Others cloud up and don't progress beyond that until after harvest. My "for sure" is once the buds stop growing, that's it, she's a-done.

No paranoia, but people do complain my weed gets them too high. Oh well, more for me!

burn4me

burn4me

1: Are the buds still growing and fattening up, or have they slowed down?
2: Pistils. Is it still throwing out tons of new pistils, or just mostly at the top with the rest of the bud having a reddish appearance due to all the dead pistils?
3: The plant itself. Is it still all bright green, or is it showing fading or other color changes? Is it dropping fan leaves?

I've found that by using the above metrics I can gauge just as easily, if not more so, than by using trichomes only. Also, I learned a long time ago that not all plants' trichomes will progress by the usual clear --> cloudy --> amber. Sometimes some girls will go from clear to amber, BOOM! Others cloud up and don't progress beyond that until after harvest. My "for sure" is once the buds stop growing, that's it, she's a-done.

No paranoia, but people do complain my weed gets them too high. Oh well, more for me!
:eek:too high????? wtf is that? lol great info Sea and thanks for methods.

MrTools9

MrTools9

Thanks Sea!!! They have slowed down drinkin in the last week... Way slow in straight water....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That would be a good signal for you to watch all these other features. If it stops producing pistils altogether then it's WAY done.
:eek:too high????? wtf is that? lol great info Sea and thanks for methods.
Seriously. Too high. I tell 'em they're not smoking enough if that's a problem. D'oh!

MrTools9

MrTools9

Looks good to me! Well done!!!

They are a lil small , but it's just the first... Errrrrr... Lol

Green Crack first pic... And OG Space Coaster the Other...DMan where you at!!! The Space Coaster is colab between some great people...

Last edited:
Supergoo

Supergoo

Looks great brotha!!! Good luck with your grow. Personally I would listen t whatever sea maiden says.

SG

Top Bottom