Is This Bud Good? Help With Dead Thc Or Mildew

• Thread starter huma
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

huma

So I harvested a plant a few days ago and dried it. I think I started flowering it on 9/1 and forgot about it amongst other plant. In any case, I need some help to determine whether these buds are good to smoke? The leaves turned black and it looks like the thc crystals died as they're all schriveled up or I have some kind of mildew. The stalk looks hairy under a microscope.

Is this bud good help with dead thc or mildew
Is this bud good help with dead thc or mildew 2
Is this bud good help with dead thc or mildew 3
Is this bud good help with dead thc or mildew 4
Is this bud good help with dead thc or mildew 5
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Any soft mushy spots? Don't like the look of the black in the magnified pic.

Does it smell funny?

Could just be the color of the cured bud too.

hermit186

hermit186

Read about old test not sure it works I don't get mold any more but take bud and bounce it off a piece of clean black paper the look at the spot around where it hit with scope and you will no.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So I harvested a plant a few days ago and dried it. I think I started flowering it on 9/1 and forgot about it amongst other plant. In any case, I need some help to determine whether these buds are good to smoke? The leaves turned black and it looks like the thc crystals died as they're all schriveled up or I have some kind of mildew. The stalk looks hairy under a microscope.
You dont have pm.. if youre worried about actually rot then cut the buds or open them up and look for brown mush inside

H

huma

Thanks for the reassurance everyone. I've never let my bud go this long so haven't seen it finished like this before. Sounds like it's good to cure and smoke!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Also, learn what fungus & mold look like under the loupe. You got some really good pix, easy to see there's no mold, those are all trichomes that you're showing. Mold will grow on a much threadier looking stalk, tends to grow a bit taller and is OPAQUE white. Unless it's the black stuff. I've only ever seen that on stuff one of my sons has purchased (street) and brought back to me. And the dude who sold it to him told him it would get him more high. Yes. Facepalm.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Good way to see if u got mold or rot is to crack that bud hold it below your eyes and crack itof its moldy you will see the spores come out like wispy smoke
Yup but that's after its dried, first sign of the faint mold taking over you lose your smell during the ripening stage. Turns to a musty mildewy smell.

Top Bottom