Is this bud rot? (Salvageable?)

• Thread starter Bigpoplt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigpoplt

Bigpoplt

I'm at the point where I'm trimming out smaller buds. Some have a slight tan to brown color where buds connected to main stalk. Does not seem like typical rot although I did have to harvest early due to excessive moisture.

This plant had been hanging for 9 days already and the rest of the bud is fine other than area you see
20211023 114546

Jimmie

Jimmie

Looks fine to me, they experts will confirm.bud rot usually degrades the bud in a way that makes it instantly recognizable.

Bigpoplt

Bigpoplt

I have broken all suspect buds open to this point.. anything questionable goes in the trash but like anyone else, I don't want to toss good nugs.

Bigpoplt

Bigpoplt

break it open
In your experience. At this point with the nugs being dry, am I just looking for a brown color on the interior of the bud which would indicate rot? The brown on the bud pictured is good and dense and displays no sign of rot ( moldy smell or breaking down of the bud).. never had a huge problem with rot

mancorn

mancorn

I don’t like to see similar - where you get a rusty look. If I had a ton, I’d toss it. If not, I’d at least separate it out, as I’d suspect that it’s going to cure with somewhat funky smell.

Top Bottom