Is This Cal Deficiency

• Thread starter SL8R
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SL8R

SL8R

I have Epson salt and heard it will help with cal deficiency, my only thing is I'm not sure how much Epson to mix per gal...

ken dog

ken dog

Epsom salt is Magnesium...with some Sulfur.

Calcium is calcium.

To me, it looks like you are flirting with nutrient burn or a nitrogen toxicity... I'd back off on the nutes.

SL8R

SL8R

Sh!t tested my gal jug and I should of first it showed a ppm of 400 I swear I washed it out good but then looked an I grabbed wrong jug ... Thanks ken just plain O water from her out... Been growing n cloning roses for kids to make summer money and sell ... Smh I screwed myself...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Epsom salt actually provides *more* S than Mg.
Epsom salt is Magnesium...with some Sulfur.

Calcium is calcium.

To me, it looks like you are flirting with nutrient burn or a nitrogen toxicity... I'd back off on the nutes.

ken dog

ken dog

@Seamaiden ... indeed...thank you, I did not know that. :)
Fair use:
Chemically, Epsom salts is hydrated magnesium sulfate (about 10 percent magnesium and 13 percent sulfur).

B

BarbaraMarti

Hello Mate hope my answer will help you. Having little chemistry and biological knowledge so in my knowledge what is this is:
I don't this is cal Deficiency but still you can use gypsum. I explained below why it is beneficial
Gypsum is hydrated calcium sulfate, a naturally occurring mineral in most of the United States. It is utilized in agriculture to correct the sodium levels in soil. Gypsum when added to the soil is a ready-made source of calcium and sulfur and minimizes the aluminum toxicity, in addition to ammonia which may exist due to the application of particular fertilizers. Additionally, if your marijuana grow site has experienced soil crusting, including gypsum to the surface area will break it up, allowing the emergence of tender seedlings. If your crop is in a location with clay soil, using gypsum before planting has been known to prevent crusting.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's also my preferred because it doesn't shift pH.

Top Bottom