Is this calcium a deficiency?

• Thread starter justice8965
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justice8965

justice8965

Hey all. Second grow. In coco/perlite, week 4 or 5 of flower. Feed is 1000ec at 5.8-6 ph. Feeding twice a day. Every feed has cal/mag.

I have two seedsman bruce banners in the tent. Both have grown under the exact same conditions. One has the spots in the pics, the other looks fine, so that's a bit strange. To me it looks like a cal deficiency, but I wanted some other's opinions. Seems to be on the newest growth first and slowly moving downward. Thanks for any help!

Is this calcium a deficiency

Is this calcium a deficiency 2

Is this calcium a deficiency 4

Is this calcium a deficiency 3
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Too much Potassium will lock out Calcium.....
Are you using any booster or potassium silicate?
Also calcium toxicity shows same burns of deficiency....
But so late in flower is very likely a potassium problem!

justice8965

justice8965

Too much Potassium will lock out Calcium.....
Are you using any booster or potassium silicate?
Also calcium toxicity shows same burns of deficiency....
But so late in flower is very likely a potassium problem!
Well I think you nailed it. I just added Potassium Sulfate to my feeds about 1.5 weeks ago, so that's probably it.

What would you suggest I do? The other Bruce Banner is fine with the extra K. Should I flush the other plant for my 2 waterings tomorrow and then resume regular feeding? I have Florakleen, I'm thinking that should free all the bonds and break the lockout going forward.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Yeah! Maybe a straight water and then resume the regular feeding without the additive could be enough....
I used Pot.Sul. in last grows and sure brings out flavor but even with small dosages (0.2g x liter) i always get burnt tips...
Majority of ferts are really packed with K so prolly the best way to introduce it is alone with water!or...skip it if is already in your base nutes !
I have used florakleen too, a couple watering befor chop.....i was wondering what da hell is in it given the blue color?!? the fact that they dont list ingredients really smells like ripoff...but i used....still recyclin the same soil....all good.....still have some left...would b cool to know what is it!!!🤣

justice8965

justice8965

Yeah! Maybe a straight water and then resume the regular feeding without the additive could be enough....
I used Pot.Sul. in last grows and sure brings out flavor but even with small dosages (0.2g x liter) i always get burnt tips...
Majority of ferts are really packed with K so prolly the best way to introduce it is alone with water!or...skip it if is already in your base nutes !
I have used florakleen too, a couple watering befor chop.....i was wondering what da hell is in it given the blue color?!? the fact that they dont list ingredients really smells like ripoff...but i used....still recyclin the same soil....all good.....still have some left...would b cool to know what is it!!!🤣

This is my first time using potassium sulfate, didn't use it in my first grow. I too heard it really enhances the taste and smell so I'm excited to see how it goes. I'll cut back on my bloom nutes a bit and lower the EC.

I don't know what's in Florakleen but it definitely works great in coco. 5/ml in a gallon. Running a couple gallons through a 5gal fabric pot drops the runoff EC massively, so it definitely does what it says. Never grown in soil so can't speak to that.

Top Bottom