Is This Catapillar Bad?

• Thread starter PaulWood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PaulWood

was trimming a plant this morning and found this. Any info?

I use neem as part of management.

Is this catapillar bad
Strangeone

Strangeone

No info on that, but it can't be good! I found one that looks like that one eating into my cola!

Dan789

Dan789

Any caterpillar grows by eating green matter, if that's your plant, that's not good unless you don't mind very little to harvest.

whitepistols

whitepistols

All you new to out door growing right now is the start of catapiller season next month they will be out in force. Get some Bt and use it weekly if you want to end the issue before it is a issue.

Bt is just a bacteria, they ingest the Bt. The Bt produces a protien in there digestive track. They will stop feeding and 24 hours later there dead as a hammer.

whitepistols

whitepistols

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_thuringiensis

I recommend Og Bio War foliar if you want to get on the killer bacteria band wagon. Use "farmer" on check out to get a discount.
Capulator is the manufacturer and it was developed with the help of other growers here at the farm. Cap does have his own section here if want to do some research into it.
I dont recommend products rarely, the bio war I do because it has higher counts in it, and it proforms so well compared to whats on the market, spider mites, root aphids ect alot of the bug issues we have its the answer to.

Last edited:
CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I never had to spray BT more than twice. Works good it's all about being thorough when you spray, anything for that matter. Happy Growing

P

PaulWood

Thank you. Looking into now.

As the original post stated, found thisnasninwas trimming one of my autos. I have a few more that will be ready in a week or so, and a few that are photos going til sept or oct. they have started flowering. Is it ok to use the BT?

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Monterey BT will take care of those fuckers no problem. They're not a real problem in veg, but those little shits will burrow straight through the middle of your buds

Freshone

Freshone

Those are budworms(moth caterpillars),you need to spray BT like suggested asap.Get a bamboo shiskebab skewer and go inspect your plant early morning and evening and pick them off with the skewer and crush them,if there was one there are alot more and they will make a home deep in your buds shitting and causing budrot ruining your herb.

BudBogart

BudBogart

A lot of great advice on caterpillars, but if the OP is already trimming bud and he is only coming across on caterpillar in 4 hours trimming he should not be overly concerned at this point.

Top Bottom