Is this clone rooted enough to move to it's soil?

• Thread starter optical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
optical

optical

Hi folks! I have just a single cut off my main mother plant that's sprouted some roots!

Hooray!

I'm a noob and am not sure at what point I can take this sucker out of my cloner

Thank you kindly!

Is this clone rooted enough to move to its soil
optical

optical

I moved it into moistened soil, and it wilted a short time later. It is wilted in it's pot right now. I am hopeful it will recover with time, I'm guessing I needed to acclimate it more or harden it off somehow?

Should I be doming this thing after moving into soil next time, then slowly weaning it on and off maybe?

Thanks again

JoeCroupier

JoeCroupier

I moved it into moistened soil, and it wilted a short time later. It is wilted in it's pot right now. I am hopeful it will recover with time, I'm guessing I needed to acclimate it more or harden it off somehow?

Should I be doming this thing after moving into soil next time, then slowly weaning it on and off maybe?

Thanks again
Clean it off and put it back in the cloner for a few days see what happens, you don't need to dome it as it's rooted already, doming's just to keep moister in the cutting while it develops new roots to water it's self, that's why people sometimes cut the ends off the leafs to stop the pointy part on the end drying out too fast to keep water in.

It might be bad soil ? wrong ph soil ? too much heat droops plants so maybe too warm ??

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Clean it off and put it back in the cloner for a few days see what happens
Yes. I just had one that wilted in soil, so I put it back in the cloner for a while. Now it's back in soil and is doing okay. I up-potted it yesterday.

mjvdet13

mjvdet13

In my opinion you sholdnt rush any of the processes in growing.. Establish a thick root base before up potting because why not? GEnerally the bigger and stronger the roots the better they will take to their next home

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
If it has to stay in the box a little later than others, no biggy, that amount is doable, but in need more leaves to drive the root growth and it has to be pretty perfect conditions wise to make it work. Only reason I would plant one like that, has stopped producing roots, due to taking a cut from a lees than ideal spot. I like to give it a whirl, before I say a cutting isn’t viable.

Glad it turned around .

optical

optical

It hasn't turned around sadly, maybe I screwed up. Damn. I have new cuts in the AeroCloner now

It is still wilted

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
don’t feel bad man,
I threw out 300 or so perfect candidates yesterday. You will get it homie!
I wish everyone who clones here at the farm coulda come and got them. My box is full 🤣

IMG 4483
IMG 4484
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Super kind of you man, I appreciate it.. wow, can only imagine the size of that grow!!! 🪴
Pics 1-4 the flower room
Pics 1-5 the veg room

The current constant pia 🤣

I love it for real. It’s just a lot to deal with by myself, it’s a monster. Thank you for the kind words y’all, I really just wanted to convey to not beat yourself up, shit happens. we all have to start somewhere, many moons ago I was just like you too, so hit a salty old dog up if you need any tips I’ll def help any way I can.
Good luck.
👊🏻🤡

IMG 4417
IMG 4414
IMG 4412
IMG 4411
IMG 4424
IMG 4397
IMG 4369
IMG 4368
IMG 4367
Top Bottom