Is this eary sign of cal-mag deficiencies, please help

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Hi

Does anyone know if this could be from cal-mag deficiencies, something don't look right yellowing a tad bit red stem
Pics below

I'm quite new to coco had a few bad runs with it, usually problems start from the moment I put my clones into coco
I'm often fighting with them trying get them better on then usually around 1-2 weeks of flower they will then start to look really good.

I also had problems in past over watering small cuttings potting into coco
now getting better with that , when their. Bigger usually water everyday to run off to wast,, actually i have 2 In lower being fed 2 tines a day my first time doing thisand looking good 5th week in yay

My tap water is 0.75ppm
So I think it's soft water
The water is sat 24+ hours before use

Room temps are day 76-78f
Night 70f

Im using the canna range for my feed
That's
A&b
Cannyzm
Rootonic
= total 0.8e.c
But my coco also has a e.c of 0.2e.c as its already buffed and some sort root feed crap in it..

I PH at 5.8/6.0

, maybe 0.6e.c be better or even maybe 1.0e.c I'm still new. I got feeling calmag might help , but have had problems in past with using it but was over watering also :(

They have been in the 4" pots for about a week now roots are just showing out bottom of pots nice thick white only 1-2 of them at moment.

Her the are

Do you think calmag at half strength could help that 0.5ml a litre = 0.2e.c

IMG_20200208_202844.jpg
IMG_20200208_202842.jpg
IMG_20200208_202838.jpg
IMG_20200208_202655.jpg
IMG_20200208_202646.jpg
IMG_20200208_202642.jpg
IMG_20200208_164950.jpg

And here below
are some from a while ago ,
they also start the same as above just don't looks that great bit yellowing and bit red stem then sometimes I can save them but I fouls with these
im sure it was over watering and root rot ? Maybe needee cal mag?

IMG_20200201_153127.jpg

IMG_20200201_153119.jpg

IMG_20200201_153139.jpg
IMG_20200204_154705.jpg
IMG_20200204_154708.jpg
IMG_20200204_154713.jpg
IMG_20200205_153634.jpg
IMG_20200205_173553.jpg

Any Info would be very appreciated iv had few fuck ups with coco and also a few tidy grows, but I can't quite seem to get it right at beginning of veg

Ph 007

Ph 007

So your soil/coco has nutrients in it and you are feeding on top of that?
What is that soil? Is it coco with perlite added?
Sorry I never said its coco canna coco
I'm not sure what in the coco , its not ment to be feed in it, but if I run water with no e.c through the coco straight from the bag i get run off at 0.2e.c
So something is in the coco already, this bagged coco its pe-buffed and in think they add sine stuff to encourage roots,, I got feeling might be lock out not under feed

Ph 007

Ph 007

Coco mediums need regular feeding. Your coco brick is no different. Feed your plants at 1 EC, 5.8ph and see how they respond. Feed, feed, water, repeat
Iv tried starting cuttings same size at 1.0 e.d in past i get more problems, the bags says 1.0 but don't work for me, I checked today roos are looking good just bit yellowish, I'll post some pics now

THCMonster

THCMonster

Yea for as big as those plants are whether in coco or normal dirt .2 EC is WAY too low, that why they are turning almost a yellow green on you, also the brown rust colored patches on the leaves from the older pics is definitely Calcium deficiency.

With any medium whether it be soil, coco, or peat based, you want your run off to be right around 200-400ppms OVER what you feed in, .2 EC depending on the PPM meter you are using usually converts to 100ppms, that is no where near enough food for them, because that 100ppm (.2EC) runoff is most likely just extra bullshit that arent actually going to uptake like Micro Nutrient, you can tell from the plant and the EC run off you stated that the plant has no NPKs left to feed on.

Seeing that I assume you have a ppm meter, feed your plants around 400-600ppms at the stage they're at! Make sure you add Cal Mag too, add Cal Mag first, do about 150-200ppm of Cal Mag, then add all the rest of your nutrients and get it to around 600ppms and then PH to 6.0-6.2, then feed your plants! Keep that up and they will go back to beautifully lush and dark green, the leaves that have the rust patches on the are dead, they wont come back, so just cut them off. But it will stop the spread of those rust colored patches from spreading any further!

Ph 007

Ph 007

Yea for as big as those plants are whether in coco or normal dirt .2 EC is WAY too low, that why they are turning almost a yellow green on you, also the brown rust colored patches on the leaves from the older pics is definitely Calcium deficiency.

With any medium whether it be soil, coco, or peat based, you want your run off to be right around 200-400ppms OVER what you feed in, .2 EC depending on the PPM meter you are using usually converts to 100ppms, that is no where near enough food for them, because that 100ppm (.2EC) runoff is most likely just extra bullshit that arent actually going to uptake like Micro Nutrient, you can tell from the plant and the EC run off you stated that the plant has no NPKs left to feed on.

Seeing that I assume you have a ppm meter, feed your plants around 400-600ppms at the stage they're at! Make sure you add Cal Mag too, add Cal Mag first, do about 150-200ppm of Cal Mag, then add all the rest of your nutrients and get it to around 600ppms and then PH to 6.0-6.2, then feed your plants! Keep that up and they will go back to beautifully lush and dark green, the leaves that have the rust patches on the are dead, they wont come back, so just cut them off. But it will stop the spread of those rust colored patches from spreading any further!
Ok might try some calmag with this grow see how it goes at 150-200ppm.

I'm already feeding 0.8-1.0 what I mean is the coco has a e.c of 0.2 out the bag before I add my feed at 0.8 even tried 1.0

Ph 007

Ph 007

Thanks just what i wanted to hear that the old big plants was calmag, as I can't think of what else it could really be.

I was setting pH at 5.8/6.0
Think I'll try calmag like your said 150/200ppm and feed and get total e.c of 0.6 for while see how they take it.

And I have a blue lab e.c wond and 100ppm is 0.2 e.c in it :)

Think its safe to add calmag half strength 150-200ppm to every single feeding from veg all way through flower?
I hope this works now sick of fighting sick plant all time :)

Thanks for the help

And thanks to everyone else all for help :)

Ph 007

Ph 007

Her are 4 other I have 5th weeknof flower they also States the same at start now looking good , i never given them any calmag feeding twice a day
IMG 20200209 172814
IMG 20200209 172818
IMG 20200209 173008
IMG 20200209 172827

canothink5

canothink5

Make sure you add Cal Mag too, add Cal Mag first!!!
I am new to coco not new to empty mediums sounds like you need cal mag.
In my hydroton and coco setup I run with 5ml per a gallon of ro water @ 10ppm nets me a 260ppm / 0.5ec
It sounds like you may have a 700 scale ppm meter so be careful when using others ppm readings.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Make sure you add Cal Mag too, add Cal Mag first!!!
I am new to coco not new to empty mediums sounds like you need cal mag.
In my hydroton and coco setup I run with 5ml per a gallon of ro water @ 10ppm nets me a 260ppm / 0.5ec
It sounds like you may have a 700 scale ppm meter so be careful when using others ppm readings.
Thanks,
I do use Clone machine and don't get problems as the feed for them in universal that's for soft and hard water so must have added calmag or something

My e.c metre has ppm700 & ppm500.
0.2 e.c on my wond is 150ppm in the 700ppm measurement and in the ppm500 measurement its 100ppm :)

Ph 007

Ph 007

Any you guys know us this calmag is ok
It has added nitrogen not sure if thats normal for calmag to have
Pic below

As I'm typing this just about to feed with 150ppm of cal to see if helps

IMG 20200209 174036
IMG 20200209 174053

IMG 20200209 174046

THCMonster

THCMonster

Ok might try some calmag with this grow see how it goes at 150-200ppm.

I'm already feeding 0.8-1.0 what I mean is the coco has a e.c of 0.2 out the bag before I add my feed at 0.8 even tried 1.0

Oh ok... My mistake I thought you meant your run off was .2ec

I was like thats way too low... But if your hitting them up with .8-1.0ec that amazes me that they are yellowing out like that! But if you get any cal mag that has Nitrogen in it then that will definitely help.

Anytime the leaves turn yellow as long as you correct the issue then they will green right back up, but when you get Calcium deficiency that progresses to a large portion of the leaf, that's actual necrosis (leaves are actually dying) so the rust patches will never go back to being a healthy leaf, but if it is only a subtle affect of calcium deficiency then I wouldnt worry too much. But I would definitely cut off the leaves that are bad, it will force your plant to put out new growth!

THCMonster

THCMonster

I read PPMs in the 500ppm scale for my Bluelab PPM meter, some meters run differently but most are very similar, but most people read their ppms in the 500scale, a lot of pens read differently for EC, most go based on .1ec=50ppm, but some other pens and meters read .1ec=100ppms, so just be careful using EC when on this site. Sounds like you have a meter very similar to mine!

But that CAL MAG is perfect,

Just watch the PH though when you add it, most cal mag is calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate which are PH balanced salts, but calcium oxide and Magnesium Oxide are usually basic/alkaline in nature, so it may possibly bump up your PH! I could be wrong but just keep track of your PH

THCMonster

THCMonster

If you keep up with the cal mag either every feeding to every other feeding then you should never need to worry about deficiencies!

Ph 007

Ph 007

Oh ok... My mistake I thought you meant your run off was .2ec

I was like thats way too low... But if your hitting them up with .8-1.0ec that amazes me that they are yellowing out like that! But if you get any cal mag that has Nitrogen in it then that will definitely help.

Anytime the leaves turn yellow as long as you correct the issue then they will green right back up, but when you get Calcium deficiency that progresses to a large portion of the leaf, that's actual necrosis (leaves are actually dying) so the rust patches will never go back to being a healthy leaf, but if it is only a subtle affect of calcium deficiency then I wouldnt worry too much. But I would definitely cut off the leaves that are bad, it will force your plant to put out new growth!
I binned them big ones I didn't have the head to mess about already wasted 2 weeks messing with them.
and worried they where to stressed and might cause she males , hemri

The little ones
all where in 0.8e.c but the bigger one had 0.8/1.0 yesterday

I got feeling might be lock out.
What i just did 15 Mins ago was
Just give them a water flush water from tap with a ppm of 0.75 that my tap water
And added only calmag at 150-200 ppm
PH at 6.0, i flushed all 4 one by one check runoff of eatcg pit it was going in 150-200ppm about 0.2e.c. Then out run off was 1.0e.c with pH of 6.3
So in flushed with that calmag and water till run off was 0.8e.c
Not sure if not adding was good idea but they so small and if was lock out want hurt I guess

I also measure my ppm in the 500ppm measurement not I didn't know difference between 700&500 it was just luck I always used the 500 measurement

Ph 007

Ph 007

I read PPMs in the 500ppm scale for my Bluelab PPM meter, some meters run differently but most are very similar, but most people read their ppms in the 500scale, a lot of pens read differently for EC, most go based on .1ec=50ppm, but some other pens and meters read .1ec=100ppms, so just be careful using EC when on this site. Sounds like you have a meter very similar to mine!

But that CAL MAG is perfect,

Just watch the PH though when you add it, most cal mag is calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate which are PH balanced salts, but calcium oxide and Magnesium Oxide are usually basic/alkaline in nature, so it may possibly bump up your PH! I could be wrong but just keep track of your PH
Thanks some nice info

Top Bottom