is this enough or too much light for a 3x3x6 tent

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

would 2 of these lights be too much light for a 3x3x6 grow tent there 450 watts with actual wattage being 200 watts each so that is 400 actual watts from what i read i want at least 50 watts per foot that 50 watts is actual wattage right ? i do realize 3x3 = 9 feet 9x50 is 450

Specifications:
- Replaces a 300 watt HPS/MH
- Dimensions: 16.1x8.3x2.8 inches
- Item Weight: 8.4 lbs
- Use for all stages of plant growth
- Vegetative coverage at 24" Height: 2.5x2.5ft
- Flowering coverage at 18" Height: 2x2ft
- Avg. Power Draw: 200W±3%
- (90pcs) High Intensity 5Watt Bridgelux/Epileds LED Chips
- LEDs Angle: 90°
- Frequency: 50-60Hz
- Lifespan: 100,000 hours
- Warranty: 3 years US warranty
s-l1600.jpg

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome. 400w in a 3x3 would be sufficient. However I do not have any experience with those lights. Error on the side of caution when buying lights from amazon. A good budget option are the kingbrite quantum boards on alibaba. I have been running 1 240w Chinese board and am pleased with the results for $169.00 shipped to my door. Hope you find what you’re looking for. I’ve attached a link for a pre assembled kit. Browse their leds and if you have any questions, reference some of the great LED threads on the farm. Happyngrows.
Burnz

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Welcome. 400w in a 3x3 would be sufficient. However I do not have any experience with those lights. Error on the side of caution when buying lights from amazon. A good budget option are the kingbrite quantum boards on alibaba. I have been running 1 240w Chinese board and am pleased with the results for $169.00 shipped to my door. Hope you find what you’re looking for. I’ve attached a link for a pre assembled kit. Browse their leds and if you have any questions, reference some of the great LED threads on the farm. Happyngrows.
Burnz

thanks i just wanted to make sure i was getting the right wattage for the space how big of a room do u have just 1 of those lights in

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
thanks i just wanted to make sure i was getting the right wattage for the space how big of a room do u have just 1 of those lights in
Haha..funny you ask. my tent is 4x4. 2 plants. I’m looking at probably a pound at harvest. I’m impressed. My next grow will be ~480w in the 4x4. A good rule of thumb is 35-40w per square ft and you will be golden.

Edited*
Here’s my journal. Check it out if you have time. Skip to the end to check out the 240w in action.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Haha..funny you ask. my tent is 4x4. 2 plants. I’m looking at probably a pound at harvest. I’m impressed. My next grow will be ~480w in the 4x4. A good rule of thumb is 35-40w per square ft and you will be golden.

Edited*
Here’s my journal. Check it out if you have time. Skip to the end to check out the 240w in action.
so one of those 240 watt lights would be enough for a 3x3 tent ?

Dr.B

Dr.B

I dont think
would 2 of these lights be too much light for a 3x3x6 grow tent there 450 watts with actual wattage being 200 watts each so that is 400 actual watts from what i read i want at least 50 watts per foot that 50 watts is actual wattage right ? i do realize 3x3 = 9 feet 9x50 is 450

Specifications:
- Replaces a 300 watt HPS/MH
- Dimensions: 16.1x8.3x2.8 inches
- Item Weight: 8.4 lbs
- Use for all stages of plant growth
- Vegetative coverage at 24" Height: 2.5x2.5ft
- Flowering coverage at 18" Height: 2x2ft
- Avg. Power Draw: 200W±3%
- (90pcs) High Intensity 5Watt Bridgelux/Epileds LED Chips
- LEDs Angle: 90°
- Frequency: 50-60Hz
- Lifespan: 100,000 hours
- Warranty: 3 years US warranty
View attachment 996079
I don't think that they would be too much at all. I started with similar lights in a similar tent.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
so one of those 240 watt lights would be enough for a 3x3 tent ?
If you browse the website and check out the specs of different lights you will find an affordable one for the 3x3. I was just using my experience as a reference. I have good results, but I know I can get better with added light.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

If you browse the website and check out the specs of different lights you will find an affordable one for the 3x3. I was just using my experience as a reference. I have good results, but I know I can get better with added light.
[/QUO
i have had others suggest the king bright too and i wouldnt be against it i just wanna make sure i can get the right wattage

Top Bottom