Is This Foxtailing?

• Thread starter Wastinbait
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wastinbait

Wastinbait

This is my 1st grow. This is from 1 plant of 4 and the only one with flower tops like this.

Is this foxtailing
Wastinbait

Wastinbait

Yes
there's a few things that can cause this

Genetics
heat
nutes
Grower
Is it salvigable?
Its a trainwreck auto from cks.
Day 70 from seed.
400 watt hps light.
General hydroponic nutes. 1/2 recommended doses.
Coco coir/perlite mix.
What is the corrective action?

Thanks for the reply...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I get foxtailing on 4 strains by using the cmh lights, never happened with hps. So x2 on the spectrum. I'm still fine tuning my swap to cmh. Moving this, adjusting fans, a.c. temps to compensate. I notice my FT starts at week 6 from flip.

Back to the top. I'd just run it and see what happens. Double check your ph, laser temp your flowers, ambient room temps, canopy temps, rh.

Wastinbait

Wastinbait

Here are all of the plants and growing conditions.
The back left plant is the oddball but now I am suspect of the other plants developing. The front right plant seems to be stretching a little at the top...

Thoughts?

IMG 4165
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Post up the following Info, it can help us out hugely.

Ambient room temp
canopy temp
If you have an IR temp gun, take flower/bud temps
ph
Soil
nutes/frequency
light
rh

Wastinbait

Wastinbait

I get foxtailing on 4 strains by using the cmh lights, never happened with hps. So x2 on the spectrum. I'm still fine tuning my swap to cmh. Moving this, adjusting fans, a.c. temps to compensate. I notice my FT starts at week 6 from flip.

Back to the top. I'd just run it and see what happens. Double check your ph, laser temp your flowers, ambient room temps, canopy temps, rh.
DT,
Thanks a lot for your help.
A little confused on your light situation. Are you saying I should stick with HPS?
I did switch from MH to HPS when these autos started flowering.
Also the flowers at the bottom of this bushy plant look the same as the tops.
I have a thermometer suspended between the light and the tops of the plants. It stays around 80 lights on and 70 lights off.
I have a laser and will check the flowers as you suggested. I raised the light 12 more inches as well.
Thanks again...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

No, not at all. Was just agreeing with the light spectrum thought above to have more possibilities to cancel out to try and find the issue.

Wastinbait

Wastinbait

Post up the following Info, it can help us out hugely.

Ambient room temp
canopy temp
If you have an IR temp gun, take flower/bud temps
ph
Soil
nutes/frequency
light
rh
Ambient 76
Canopy 70 lights out 80 lights on
Flower temps upper 76 lower 73
PH 2 weeks ago the runoff was highly acidic so I have been watering with 6.6-6.8 to compensate. Run off has gotten better.
Coco/perilite mix with smart pots
General hydro trio and calmag is the diet. Every other watering at half the recommended dose. I water about twice a week.
Light 400 hps (i just raised it 12 more inches)

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Is it salvigable?
Its a trainwreck auto from cks.
Day 70 from seed.
400 watt hps light.
General hydroponic nutes. 1/2 recommended doses.
Coco coir/perlite mix.
What is the corrective action?

Thanks for the reply...
Just so u know train wreck or atleast the trainwreck iv seen had ridiculously big foxtails anyway.even more than in this pic of trainwreck I just found online.the ones I saw had bit tall foxtails but it was meant to be that way.if u check out the grow video for greenhouse seeds train wreck on utube youl see wat I mean.

IMG 2877
Wastinbait

Wastinbait

Just so u know train wreck or atleast the trainwreck iv seen had ridiculously big foxtails anyway.even more than in this pic of trainwreck I just found online.the ones I saw had bit tall foxtails but it was meant to be that way.if u check out the grow video for greenhouse seeds train wreck on utube youl see wat I mean.
Wow, the picture of their advertised trainwreck seeds looks identical to my 1st picture.
Maybe Im getting worked up over nothing I can control.
I will still keep the lights raised a little.
Thanks Mr Bee.....

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I wouldn't call those flowers foxtailing so much as they are lookn real tight and a whole lot of swirly goodness to me. :) Very nice work BTW!! :cool::fire::fire::fire:

Latest posts

Top Bottom