Is this GE light mutating the sprouts?

• Thread starter Nate_in_AK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

My son in law has been working on a pair of seeds under this lamp:

Seeds are Grease Monkey (from Pacific Seed Bank) photo fem, and Death Star Cherry Pie (bag seed).

They got over watered a bit which caused some fan leaf damage. We got that resolved and new growth is beautiful, but the Grease Monkey has gone into full flower mode, and the DSCP looks like it may be considering it as well.

Grease Monkey:
Is this ge light mutating the sprouts

Death Star Cherry Pie:
Is this ge light mutating the sprouts 2

Weird.
https://www.amazon.com/GE-Lighting-93101226-Balanced-Spectrum/dp/B07NNR9DLX

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I would Repot those. You're on a 18/6 light cycle?
Yes, 18/6 light cycle. Probably even a little light leakage during the dark cycle. The plan was to repot them soon, but now I'm thinking about repotting them in the trash can and starting some new seeds. Too harsh?

Jakecan

Jakecan

Yes, 18/6 light cycle. Probably even a little light leakage during the dark cycle. The plan was to repot them soon, but now I'm thinking about repotting them in the trash can and starting some new seeds. Too harsh?
Not harsh at all I like how honest you are with yourself! I would say scrap the grease monkey but you might be able to save the cherry pie. I would just repot asap and don't over water. Try to fix those light leaks too.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Not harsh at all I like how honest you are with yourself! I would say scrap the grease monkey but you might be able to save the cherry pie. I would just repot asap and don't over water. Try to fix those light leaks too.
Light leaks PREVENT the plant from going into flowering stage. That should have no bearing on this mess. The opposite, in fact. They would have been relocated to my tent in a few weeks with a proper light and all that jazz. I have more of each seed type, more confused about why the plants appear to both be trying to flower. One seed I would easily write off as bad genetics, but two different seeds from two different sources makes me suspect other influences. I've never heard of over watering causing the plant to flip way early. Confused.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Theoretically speaking could auto genetics seep into normal genetics from sloppy breeding? If they are flowering around week 3 or 4 they are autos.

Strange if seeds from separate sources.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Theoretically speaking could auto genetics seep into normal genetics from sloppy breeding? If they are flowering around week 3 or 4 they are autos.

Strange if seeds from separate sources.
Strange seems to follow me around wherever I go, so.... ???

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Light leaks nothin.
Both can be saved.
What are your N levels?
They are at the limit of your existing light. Time to upgrade.
How are they being watered?
pH?

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Light leaks nothin.
Both can be saved.
What are your N levels?

How are they being watered?
pH?
The seeds were germinated in Rapid Rooter plugs, then set in MG organic. Water with plain tap water. They got over-watered early on, but we resolved that about a week or so ago. Water until run-off, leave them be until dry and ready to start wilting.

I'm not rejecting the idea that they are both autos. Stranger things have happened, but it's darned weird coincidence if they are.

How would you go about saving them? If the dumb plant wants to flower with 18 hours of light per day, what are you gonna do, give it 24 hours?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The seeds were germinated in Rapid Rooter plugs, then set in MG organic. Water with plain tap water. They got over-watered early on, but we resolved that about a week or so ago. Water until run-off, leave them be until dry and ready to start wilting.

I'm not rejecting the idea that they are both autos. Stranger things have happened, but it's darned weird coincidence if they are.

How would you go about saving them? If the dumb plant wants to flower with 18 hours of light per day, what are you gonna do, give it 24 hours?
Keep it on 18. Only an auto would do that. Let it have the light. It will use it all. You better start training it before it grows thru your roof.
Both of them. Same Bat-tent, same Bat-channel.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Keep it on 18. Only an auto would do that. Let it have the light. It will use it all. You better start training it before it grows thru your roof.
Both of them. Same Bat-tent, same Bat-channel.
I appreciate the encouragement, but I don't have a place for them to go crazy. My tent will be occupied for the next 3 weeks. The plan was to veg these slowly, I wonder if I underestimated the quality of that light....

"A plan is nothing but a list of things that aint going to happen the way you hoped"

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I appreciate the encouragement, but I don't have a place for them to go crazy. My tent will be occupied for the next 3 weeks. The plan was to veg these slowly, I wonder if I underestimated the quality of that light....

"A plan is nothing but a list of things that aint going to happen the way you hoped"
Can you stick them outside?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hmm... I hadn't considered that. It get's pretty cold at night (high 50s) even in summer here in Alaska. Might be an option.
Put a wind break on the north side and wrap the pots for warmth. That should take care of it. And at those temps, you should see some really wild colors pop out.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
They won’t bat an eye at high 50s. And you’re probably getting 18 hours of sunlight up there. Probably should’ve had them outside the whole time. It’s cheaper.

Top Bottom