Is this good mold or bad?

• Thread starter Beefcurtins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beefcurtins

Beefcurtins

Hi so I’ve been storing my soil In a storage bin until I can use it again it’s been in there for about 5-6 weeks and it’s still pretty moist. I’ve noticed there some mold forming from all the humidity and being sealed. It doesn’t look like the mycelium that I’ve seen before it looks like the bad normal spotty mold. Can’t really see the green spotting of it in the pic kind of just looks like mycelium but it definitely does not look like what I’ve previously seen with mycelium. Is this ruining my soil? Should I let it dry out before sealing it again? I just watered it all with hygrozyme, microbial mass and fish sh!t last week cause I’m planning on re using it soon but all the extra humidity seems to be creating more of this mold. If it’s a good thing then perfect but I would hate to have to throw out like 100 litres of Gaia green living soil

Is this good mold or bad
Is this good mold or bad 2
Choppr

Choppr

I was under the impression that mycelium is a type of mold but I am mistaken
Were talking about fungi - there is good/bad fungi - mold is a bad fungi, mycelium good fungi - both are white(ish). Mold will usually show little blue/green spots in it...he has wet soil in a closed container, if he added myco's could be mycelium? I suspect mold. (mold and mycelium will compete for the same nutrients, mold will often eat the mycelium) @GoldenDragon keep growing it if you wan to be sure! I wouldn't, I would dry it out, keep turning it, spray with peroxide solution 3:1 ratio before using - I would stay away from storing wet soil/coco. If i reuse my coco, I will dry it under 1 of my big halides(UVB) on an old sheet or shower curtain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom