Is this Heat Stress or nute lockout?

• Thread starter DazedNconfussed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DazedNconfussed

I did do a search but couldnt tell much since the threads that came up had no pics for me to compare.

Maybe 4-5 days ago I went in my grow room after 2 days away due to family emergency and found that my shortest plant shot up like crazy....it had to have grown 6" in 2 days....and the rest stretched a bit also and were less then 1.5' from the 1000 watt HPS.

Now the light is about 2' above the plants and the problem dont seem to be getting better....I can only raise the light another 6" max...never expected the Chemdog #4's to stretch this much.

One thought was it being possible nute lockout? My PH got up to maybe 6.5 and my friend POS PPm meter said 2000 PPM but I dont trust his meter, plus I couldnt get nutes that week and was topping them off with PH'd water with Cal-mg only....So I dont see how they could have got over nutted.

Just hasnt been my week....First fighting the PM problem now this...anyways....

Right now my ph is about 6 (will lower tonight to 5.6 or so) and my PPM are around 1350 and the plants are 27 days from 12/12......

I appricate any advice.

Is this heat stress or nute lockout
Is this heat stress or nute lockout 2
Is this heat stress or nute lockout 3
F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I guess the gnats have been gone. Now the PM has been dealt with. Now this. Shit man you becoming a regular pro...hehe Looks good really. Is it just the tops or are the lower leaves doing the same?

D

DazedNconfussed

just the tops....yeah bro, this first grow has put me through a lot, but I have learned alot also....I had this happen before but not as severe, just a little inward curling....I raised the light and the next day the leaves were normal....I geuss whats got me a little worried is its been a few days since i raised the light and I havent seen any improvement...

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Well glad your hanging in there and learning. I'm not 100% sure so I don't want to mess you up. doesn't look fatal tho. I'm impressed with how far you've come. Be checking to see how it goes. Take care Dazed.

S

SweetIslandFunk

perhaps too hot in the day and too cold at night.

M

mrdizzle

looks like you got some PM, a little hood hot spot. always Give a flush if you ever think your over ferting,

U

Urquel

Looks like heat curl to me, not bad though. They will b fine. the upward angle the leaves have is indicative of healthy growth. Nooch lock out and or deficiency will usually show some color/spots or tip burn.

sky high

sky high

I hope Dazed doesn't mind that I tagged onto his thread but it seemed crazy to start another.....

These were placed in this space/these buckets 2 days ago

4' x 5' space- 2- 600 hps

ph 5.8 ppms 700 temps 75-80

Wonderin if this is heat...lockout...or maybe too much light too fast....? So far 3 of 12 plants are showing similar symptoms.

Anybody have any experience seein' this in their own space?

Gonna drain and refill the res....just in case.... and added a fan this AM.... but obviously if those aren't the problem I'd like to narrow it down before things go to shit.

many thanks

s h

B
S

space101

skyhigh,

how close are the plants to the light? it looks like they may be getting to much direct light for their age, maybe move them if you can to more indirect light for a week or so and then move back. they should be able to handle the extra lumens by then

sky high

sky high

Thanks for the reply, space101.

the lights are a little more than 2 ft above the plant tops. I just turned one of em off and have started to drain the res. Gonna back off a bit to 500 ppms.... add some humidity...and wait to see if things go one way or the other. Can't see any GLARING mistakes so ...um...dunno WTF it is!

be well. much respect

s h

J

Jalisco Kid

What he said above. You guys baby your babies to much then toss them out into the big room. It is the air movement and humidity that does that. Reef and dd had their term lumen stress. I told them and Janus they are wrong. I believe dd tried my ideas but I have not been over there in a while. But your cuts under a 1000w instead of a t5. put a fan on them a few days before the move and you will shock them less. I raise my lights a little high the first day.two days before I prepare the big room at 95% rh so it saturates the wood the drywall etc. then I bring in the girls.I keep it at 90-95 the first day and slowly lower the rh so by day 3 it is at 70-75% RH.
Dazed you have too many variables you do not know.I agree somewhat since I do not know the strain but I doubt your ppms were that high. The cupping usually means to much of something.I am just guessing here but I believe it was the light and lack of rh by the leaves. I would get something to make a tonic of and spray them. just try it on one branch so you can watch.everyone should have this in their first aid kit. They could just use a little help with their chem balance inside. JK

Top Bottom