Is this Hemp or Cannabis???

• Thread starter Leo2024
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Leo2024

Hi there,
I had tried growing cannabis quite a few years ago in high school but my mum found them and destroyed them while in vegetation stage. I have just started to try again but I want to know does anyone know if they look legit??

I found a random post on Facebook market place for a guy selling seeds, I was a little sceptical but I took a leap of faith and drove to pick them up. I paid $50 for 62 seeds. I want to know if anyone thinks they are legit or possibly hemp seeds. I had no success germinating them tried soaking, wet paper, potting them with soil, coco coir, vermiculate, perlite and manure. Out of 62 seeds only 2 have sprouted. I think they are either hemp seeds or extremely old seeds. I remember when I did this in high school every single seed sprouted no issues. So I know what I’m doing is right I just want to know if anyone can tell the difference between hemp and cannabis which I don’t think is possible??

Is this hemp or cannabis
Is this hemp or cannabis 2
Is this hemp or cannabis 3
Newty

Newty

I honestly can't tell you but that definitely seems sketchy to me. Where would they have gotten hemp seeds though unless they purposely bought them to sell but then again they would probably have a lot more then 62. Probably just seeds from pollinated bag bud that they saved over the years and thought they could make a quick buck. Hope for the best.

Last edited:
L

Leo2024

I honestly can't tell you but that definitely seems sketchy to me. Where would they have gotten hemp seeds though unless they purposely bought them to sell but then again they would probably have a lot more then 62. Probably just seeds from pollinated bag bud that they saved over the years and thought they could make a quick buck. Hope for the best.
I’m not sure either he was definitely a weird character, I’m hoping they are legit and just very old, it would be nice if I even get a couple strong ones sprout. I tried soaking them and paper towel and none germinated so I thought I’ll just plant in seedling trays and hope for the best and only two have sprouted. I don’t know anything about hemp seeds so I thought maybe they were easy to obtain or cheap and maybe he was just selling them to me as “cannabis”

Newty

Newty

Did you soak them in water for 14-18 hours before putting them in the paper towels?
If they don't pop in the paper towels after a few days, you can put them back in a glass of water and leave them and see if they end up sprouting.

Use bottled spring water to soak them in and to wet paper towel with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom