Is this how I do an introduction?

• Thread starter MedCBD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MedCBD

Hola from the Colombian Andes (highlands).
I am a medical patient, so I am a CBD 1:1 farmer, haha. I am perhaps an intermediate grower, but there is so much I do not know!
I can grow outside part of the year, but we are just leaving that time now. (I might try a winter grow, but I doubt it.)
Most of my grows are indoors under LED right now, but I have two on the roof in a covered greenhouse with no doors or windows (because the humidity is too much here).
I have plenty of medicine, but I love growing it. Just growing it makes me feel good.

I am mildly autistic, and have lots of difficulty communicating. I try to be honest and direct and straightforward, which I guess offends a lot of people. I do not mean anything by it. It is how I know how to communicate. If I do something wrong, please just tell me in a nice way, and give me time to adjust.

I try to tell people how hard it is to find 'nutes in Colombia, and they do not understand. (Think Tijuana.)
I am standardizing on GrowTech SIPs in 5G buckets (because they work so well). I am also standardizing on Subcool's original supersoil, just because it is the least expensive LOS (LIving Organic Soil), and I can get the components locally for good numbers.
I can also get pretty much anything Aurora Innovations (Roots) makes (e.g., Roots Organic Soil and Terp Tea), but by the time you get done importing everything, the cost is higher than supersoil.
At some point I will want to recondition the supersoil, but I have plans for how to do that on this grow.

We are just leaving the summer grow season now. Most of my stuff will be indoors under LED for a while, although in eight months I hope to try growing outdoors again.
I heard that you can grow equatorial sativas and they do not die--they just turn into trees, so you just strip the buds, and let it grow. I hope to try that out eventually, but right now I am not in a good place to check that out (but I hope to in the future).
I just wanted to say hello, and introduce myself. Is there anyone else who grows in Subcool's original recipe supersoil, or in SIPs?
Also, does anyone know how to make Malawi Fermented Cannabis Cobs? Or other fermented cannabis med products?
Gracias.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Welcome to the farm! Thats a nice introduction : ) its cool to fallow along the outdoor cycles around, where im at folks starting to get ready for outdoor!

M

MedCBD

Steam in place?
Oh, hahahahahaha!! 😆 Sorry, I forgot to define my terms!
SIP = Sub Irrigation Planter. They have been around for years, but they are starting to become popular, because they like triple your growth rate. (Seriously. My grows will never be the same.) Basically it aerates your roots reaaally well (better than an air pot).

If you do a search for Sub Irrigation Planter on YouTube or Google you will get like a zillion hits. I was hoping someone here knows about them, because there are a few fungus gnat and related issues from permanently damp soil. I am not an expert. Here is a URL, and a picture of the kit I bought.

https://albopepper.com/sips.php
SIP

Z

Zill

I get it. I’ve unknowingly done that with a couple show plants on the patio. I like the aeration benefit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom