Is this just a strange issue? Mutation? Very odd

• Thread starter criz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

criz

Struggled during germination. Let the paper towel get dry and placed in window sill mistakes on my part.
Nursed back to health after sprouting but one side of the plant grew out these dried up deformed leaflets. While the rest of the plant was fine.
Now, I'm seeing a leaflet here and there grow out like this.
I don't think it grows out normal and then turns into this. The leaflet seems to grow out in this state. I could be wrong on that though.

Anyone seen this before?
Is this just a strange issue mutation very odd

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
the leaves below it don’t look right it’s to hard on the eye to figure

Do you have a pic of the whole plant

How near is the light and what wattage is it and is it dimmed

Have you looked for bugs
Really would prefer to see more of the plant

C

criz

Light is spider farm se3000 - 300 Watt. Set to 50% but I had them under an HPS light that died and this was swapped in. The LED is about 36 in away and it's been doing this under both lights. It's no big deal the plants healthy, looks a little strange I'm really excited to see what it does but healthy otherwise.
20240317 143623

C

criz

It's OG Kush in FF Ocean Forest soil, fabric 5 gal pot with some other ammendments added. Gypsum, kelp, vermiculite, perlite and actviated charcoal. No bugs that I can see with 100x

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
There’s a few twisted leaves and some slight curling on some of the leaves.

tbh I’m getting a bit to tired to go over it tonight
It’s getting a bit late hopefully someone else will pop in the morning
I’ll pop in later when I’ve had some sleep & see what others say

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
i wasn’t so much tired as l was high the stuff I was smoking was very strong and couchlock I switched to a different strain and am more awake.

One thing I’m not good at diagnosing is tmv. I live in the uk and have only seen it in pics here. Guess I should study it more. Hence why I wanted others to look in.

However canna would of called it if it was I think

I would like to rule it out first.

@cannafarmer420

It’s definitely not a mild case of tmv then if there’s even such a thing as mild tmv there’s a few twisted leaves if you zoom in

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
i wasn’t so much tired as l was high the stuff I was smoking was very strong and couchlock I switched to a different strain and am more awake.

One thing I’m not good at diagnosing is tmv. I live in the uk and have only seen it in pics here. Guess I should study it more. Hence why I wanted others to look in.

However canna would of called it if it was I think

I would like to rule it out first.

@cannafarmer420

It’s definitely not a mild case of tmv then if there’s even such a thing as mild tmv there’s a few twisted leaves if you zoom in
I don't think so there are so few symptoms so far along, I could be wrong though ,im not an expert on it by any means. However there was a change from a HPS to a LED mid run, it could have stressed it, maybe temps had a swing with the change. Not positive, I would keep an eye on the whole plant for a bit if I was you, especially after I water. Good luck ✌

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Thanks bud appreciate your response

there’s a few reasons why the leaves might twisted and curled

there getting to hot , the ph is wack or bugs

It maybe the hps was to hot and you recently moved them to led would make sense especially as hps do throw out a lotta heat

C

criz

Thank you for your responses. I'm not worried about it too much as it's doing well as far as I can tell (with my limited experience that is) I posted purely from curiosity and to see if anybody had seen anything like it before.
It has done this weird growth since It sprouted its first real leaves. One side came out like that leaf in the picture and the other side came out just fine. My thoughts were that maybe the roots hit a pocket of one of the Amendments I had added to the soil and it did something strange, but like I said I have very little experience. This is only my third grow.
It very well could have been that HPS light, it was really hot. It's much easier dealing with this LED. I've had much better luck with it and keeping the VPD where it should be.
Thank you again for looking.

Top Bottom