Is this lady in flower?

• Thread starter Fuzzylines
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Hi all, I potted one autoflower on my first go to get a feel for it, its starting to show signs of deficiencies now so I just wondered if someone could tell me if this is ready for bloom nutes now?
Is this lady in flower

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Hi all, I potted one autoflower on my first go to get a feel for it, its starting to show signs of deficiencies now so I just wondered if someone could tell me if this is ready for bloom nutes now?

It doesn't look like its in flower, has it shown its gender yet? I don't see any pistils, but maybe there are some poking out on the lower nodes? I would say to fix your deficiencies you should post some more photos of the whole plant plus some of the deficient leaves. Adding more information about the medium, environment, and nutrients will help as well. In addition since it's an autoflowering plant, adding the how old it is could help, a lot of autoflowering cultivars will start flowering around 3-4 weeks of age.

Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Thank you for replying, I hope this picture helps?

I've been trying to solve nute problems in house to be honest but I'm still a little unsure on what to look out for when sexing and knowing when they're going into flower. She has perked up a little today with a little extra p k in her feed.

She is around 3 weeks now so looking a little stumpy I think.

Don't have any details on soil im afraid. Absolute novice and bought supermarket brand....

Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Any advice or tips on these 3 would be appreciated!

Currently feeding in at 1000ppm and 6.5ph. Run off is around 500ppm and 6.2ph. Spider farmer sf4000 in a 4x4. Hum around 60 and temps around 25c

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Thank you for replying, I hope this picture helps?

I've been trying to solve nute problems in house to be honest but I'm still a little unsure on what to look out for when sexing and knowing when they're going into flower. She has perked up a little today with a little extra p k in her feed.

She is around 3 weeks now so looking a little stumpy I think.

Don't have any details on soil im afraid. Absolute novice and bought supermarket brand....

I don't see any major nutrient deficiencies, maybe they are a bit light in colour but its hard to say if that is just the light causing the photo to look that way.
Since you are feeding 1000 PPM I would assume and hope your soilless medium hasn't been pre-fertilized, I do see some mild nutrient burn though, so keep an eye on the leaf tips and back off the PPMs a bit if it starts to spread up the leaf.
Keep monitoring the PPM and PH of the runoff, that will help you catch nutrient lock out/salt build up/ph issues.

Your medium looks like rolling tobacco, so I'm guessing it might be a form of coco coir, if that is the case and you are feeding liquid nutrients, your PH is likely a bit high, I have been told that for coco coir you want to aim for 5.8 and you want to fluctuate the PH across a range of 5.5 to 6.

I would continue to feed veg nutrients, none of your plants look like they are flowering, the lack of preflowers is also concerning if they are all autoflowering varieties, but they could show preflowers within the next week or so, where did you get your seeds/who is the breeder and strains?

I'd say you are doing well, but I have only completed 1 grow with 2 autoflowers, still waiting on my outdoor photo period plants to finish.

You can reference the following photos when your plants preflower to know what gender they are, look at the stem where a leaf is connected, the crook in between the stem and leaf is where the preflower will form.

Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Don't know if the pictures of the soil help at all as to what I may be growing in lol?

I did have a big problem with nutrient burn. Being a beginner I followed a schedule that fed nuted from day 1. Not realising until i encountered problems that it wasn't necessary!

Thanks for the picture. I guess I'll know when I see it. I have all feminised plants but with all of the heat stresses, overwatering and nute burn I'm not confident ones not going to herm...

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Don't know if the pictures of the soil help at all as to what I may be growing in lol?

I did have a big problem with nutrient burn. Being a beginner I followed a schedule that fed nuted from day 1. Not realising until i encountered problems that it wasn't necessary!

Thanks for the picture. I guess I'll know when I see it. I have all feminised plants but with all of the heat stresses, overwatering and nute burn I'm not confident ones not going to herm...

That is definitely some sort of soil and not soilless. What are you feeding your plants and how often?
Soil will want a higher PH close to what you have so you are good on that front.
You will need to balance the fact that the soil will retain water longer (need to water less frequently), it looks like some of your plants have bump leaves which are an indication of potentially too much water for their size.
Can you confirm if your plants are actually a yellow green, or if it's just the lighting?

Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Yeah i did think so but it is very light within the fingers.

I'm using a product called Plant Magic Grow currently. Adding in root stim and bio silica from same product line.

That's where I am a little bit shakey. Ive been watering daily. I seem to get the urge to do it that way lately. Shojldni lay off for a couple of days?

Slightly more green but the picture isn't far off

Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Also, what is a bump leaf and how can I spot them? Is overwatering the only cause?

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

This is what I mean when I was saying bump leaves, it looks sort of like crocodile skin or speed bumps.

For watering what you should do is lift the pots, it's the easiest way to know how much water is in the pot. If you watered today go and lift a pot and see how heavy it is, then tomorrow lift the same pot and see how heavy it is, then the day after lift the same pot and see how heavy it is. You want to water when the pot gets light, maybe half to 1/4 the weight of the pot when it's been freshly watered. You can also lift a 1 gallon or 2 litre jug of water to get an idea of what it weighs and then compare to your pots.

Since you are in soil you will definitely want to be sure that you are not watering too frequently because it will choke the roots.
Try giving them a day off from the water and get a feel for when the pots are light and need water.
Don't wait for signs of lack of water, ie drooping leaves, before you water again, if you see those signs make sure to take note of the weight of the pot before watering and water right away.

Eventually you will get a feel for watering, it takes hands on experience but once you have the feel it's like riding a bike.
Your situation is special because you are growing in soil using liquid nutrients, the liquid nutrients require you to water until you get sufficient run off (to ensure no nutrients build up in the medium), but you also have to be careful about choking the roots out with a constantly wet medium.

Adjust your watering without changing your nutrients, eventually your plants will tell you that they want more nutrients (wait for more yellow green colour, your plants are currently OK), at that point you can start to increase the PPMs. Get the watering fixed first though since giving more nutrients while overwatering will not produce ideal results and you will likely find yourself running in circles trying to correct deficiencies caused by the overwatering.

For a beginner I would say you are looking pretty good, keep it up!

Top Bottom