Is this led lamp ok

• Thread starter Bigm007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigm007

Bigm007

Is this lamp ok to use for my indoor flowers or should i buy a new One. I had this one already. I dont know what its been used to before.

Is this led lamp ok
Is this led lamp ok 2
Is this led lamp ok 3
Ponky

Ponky

That's a quality driver. It's possible those are quality LEDs.

AKgrow

AKgrow

From what I can find, that brand of light is made in Poland and used for floodlights or street lighting. They use Cree XP diodes and Meanwell drivers so they are good quality. That will grow plants just fine, hopefully you have the warm white diodes to help with flowering.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Should be good to go.. If you wanted to check the spectrum and actual diode brand it’ll tell you more but I’d give say your good.👍🏾

Bigm007

Bigm007

Its My first time i do this so i do trust your words. 😃 i wounder. Are those leds also ok to use? Its work light led. 2x50w and 2x10w. Or is it useless as grow light?

IMG 20211108 185642
IMG 20211108 185803
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I read floodlights in general is not suitable. But I see the wattage and spectrum is good for veg. It might be a fire hazard? @Dirtbag might know

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They're probably fine for early veg. not really ideal but they'd work for young plants. I'd remove the glass cover from them to expose the diodes though.

Ponky

Ponky

If you're gunna budget grow, just use all the lights together as long as tbey don't get too hot. Save up for a grow light. Hopefully in time to flower.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
They're probably fine for early veg. not really ideal but they'd work for young plants. I'd remove the glass cover from them to expose the diodes though.
while you're at it here I have this light I bought cheap..$10..would it be any use as a side light in veg or flower...?

Provides the doctor recommended 10000 LUX. For SAD light therapy to be effective, the lamp must provide 10,000 LUX at a comfortable sitting distance. The sun lamp effectively provides 10,000 LUX of glare-free white light from a comfortable 12" sitting distance.
Height and angle adjustable. Adjust the seasonal depression lamp to your preferences. The winter blue light provides light from an overhead angle to provide full benefits.
Four light settings. The natural light lamp offers four light settings from the LED bulbs. These settings provide a therapy setting and three other task light settings, perfect for light box therapy and as a desk lamp.
Provides a 3000 K light temperature. A 3000 K light temperature offers a soothing effect to improve overall mood and wellness, ideal when selecting a seasonal affective disorder lamp.
Safe and UV free. The SAD lamp effectively blocks UV to protect the vision of the user. This makes our full-spectrum light therapy lamp safe to use.

Last edited:
mjab702

mjab702

Looks like it would work fine... download a par meter, I use tent buddy and it did a good job

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hey! No experience with building lights myself, but I am curious about the soldering i see some places there. There seems to be a little soldering smooched very close to the chips (or the lines surrounding them)

Will this disturb the lead efficiency?
Could it be a potential fire-hazard?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey! No experience with building lights myself, but I am curious about the soldering i see some places there. There seems to be a little soldering smooched very close to the chips (or the lines surrounding them)

Will this disturb the lead efficiency?
Could it be a potential fire-hazard?
You don't want any solder on the LED surface itself where it emits light. However, the LED in and of itself is not a fire hazard. If they are over-driven hard enough, they will burn out (not combust). With that said, just about anything electrical has a potential to be a fire hazard if it's wired incorrectly or mishandled ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom