Is this light bleaching? Strange white patches...

• Thread starter montanamike1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
montanamike1

montanamike1

Hey guys, been doing this for a while and had a curious looking couple of leaves turn up on my Sour Lemon OG. I've got a dozen plants and as many strains out there, but none of them are showing this except this SLOG, and just a few leaves. It looks like someone touched a few blotches of white paint on it at first glance, but under the microscope it appears to be a peculiar form of necrosis. Anyone seen this before?

Is this light bleaching strange white patches
Is this light bleaching strange white patches 2

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Clones
2. How old are your plants? 2 months
3. How tall are your plants? 2 ft from the base
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 gal
5. What is your soil mix? roots organics
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? well water as needed
7. What is the pH of your water? 5.5-7
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? just base soil
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") Outdoor
11. How close are your lights to the plants? N/A
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? N/A
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Pacific Northwest, 30-50% humidity.
14. What is the pH of the soil? -
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Only beneficial, DEFINITELY NOT SPIDER MITES OR LEAF MINERS.
16. How much experience do you have growing? 5 years

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

If it were water magnification bleaching they would be circular and in a spray pattern. This is classic light damage IME.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have never ever seen water droplets cause that, not at high noon on the hottest day, and I spray my plants down all the time, especially when it's hot.

I have seen that under a 600W light put on a mover, and when moving plants from fluorescent to HID lighting, and have seen pix/reports of folks experiencing the same thing when using LEDs. Looks like light bleaching to me, too.

montanamike1

montanamike1

Cool, thanks for the replies guys, it had me puzzled since I've never seen light bleaching outdoors before. It only happened on the Sour Lemon OG, so perhaps that strain is particularly sensitive to light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom