• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Floodster31

Floodster31

20210926_105042.jpg

Is this light burn or a nutrients isue 2
totamus

totamus

It looks like too much light to me. If your lower leaves are all fine and only the top leaves have that veining and yellow tips, then I would reduce your light levels. I try to keep mine around 750 par, if I go much higher I get the same thing...

Floodster31

Floodster31

OK I will turn them down and see if that helps the lower leafs look OK

Floodster31

Floodster31

The thing that got me thinking it was not light burn is the fact the out side branches that are towards the edge of the lights foot print are the same

totamus

totamus

I chased it down for quite some time. I thought I had nute issues or PH issues. Turns out I DID have PH issues, but the low soil ph wasnt the cause, it only made the plant more susceptible to light damage. I was purposely trying to stay at the high end of the acceptable light range and shot myself in the foot. Too much light is hard to diagnose. The symptoms I look for are: 1) yellow tips on top leaves, 2)Veining on top leaves, 3) a lighter color on the top of the plant (bleaching...) and 4) other variables in control (ie PH, Nute level, moisture content, temp)

Floodster31

Floodster31

I have ordered a blue lab ph tester as I have a cheap one that I have to calabrte often maybe this is the problem

growsince79

growsince79

It looks like too much light to me. If your lower leaves are all fine and only the top leaves have that veining and yellow tips, then I would reduce your light levels. I try to keep mine around 750 par, if I go much higher I get the same thing...
22000lux is very little light.

Floodster31

Floodster31

Maybe. I will up ppm on next feed see how that goes thanks the only thing I don't understand is normally if under fed the lower leaves would yellow but mine are a normal colour not lime green like the top

growsince79

growsince79

The thing that got me thinking it was not light burn is the fact the out side branches that are towards the edge of the lights foot print are the same
If the roots are bad, or nutes locked out for whatever reason the leaves can't handle as much light. So even though 22000lux is very little for a healthy plant it could be too much for yours.

Floodster31

Floodster31

Thanks for the help everyone I'm going to flush then start nutes again

Floodster31

Floodster31

A week later I'm now thinking this could be over watering it's getting worse have only watered 1 time this week
20211003 091804
20211003 091821

Top Bottom