Is this light damage from LEDs or over watering?

• Thread starter TreeHunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TreeHunter

TreeHunter

2 out of my 6 seedlings have this and they are no closer or further away from the light source then the rest. The soil is still moist from watering 1.5 days ago. Using a 1500W 1' x 2' full range LED light panel which is hung two feet above.

Is this light damage from leds or over watering
11Hick11

11Hick11

Hard to tell from the info but from the looks of it you had water droplets left on the leaves which act like little magnifying glasses and can burn the leaves.

TreeHunter

TreeHunter

Hard to tell from the info but from the looks of it you had water droplets left on the leaves which act like little magnifying glasses and can burn the leaves.
This is my setup.. first time obvi. Saving for a grow tent. I raised the light about 4 inches. Should I get a fan? Humidity is at 32% and temp fluctuates from 78-82 degrees. 17 hour light cycle.

IMG 20200307 102630
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yes, the fan blows between the light and the top of the plants, not directly on the plants

Not a led user so just a guess but since you have four of six showing the same issue I would guess that raising the light was a good move, often the manufacturers have a height recommendation chart for various stages of plant growth, perhaps check their website, good luck

OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

I would also try to raise your humidity if possible, seedlings like around 75% RH and it can make more of a difference than you might think.

B

Burned Haze

If it was me
Fix vpd + fix lighting issues

led’s temps 78-84f is what I would try to do , co2?

1.Use a different light in the beg if you can’t dim your led’s (raising it = stretch )because it’s obvious for that stage it’s over powered and your stressing the plants out and will do nothing but that. Over raising the light will just make them stretch ( if the light can’t be dimmed ) get a “ seedling/1st stage “ light meaning a cheap t8/t5 or a low level led and dimmable .

If you want the best light and be happy with your purchase and company, go with ethier of these companies, I would vouch with either of them 100%

example for the size of plants needs (if you disagree, directly to the makers website eh and tons of models <3)
Or

2.Also I see your humidity in the picture states 32% for veg and following vpd , your way off and those plants need moisture or they can’t absorb .

as a suggestion, check out this device ( it will give you your vpd, humidity , temps , pressure and you can diary log it forever and be able it to se it on any device it so smoothly by just the bowser by just logging in) It’s saved me soo many times when my room was off and it email me that the a/c fucked up or something was off , now I’m unstoppable

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom