Is this light stress or potassium deficiency?

• Thread starter bluedabadee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bluedabadee

bluedabadee

Hello everyone,

My OG Kush has been under light stress for a while and symtomps like tobacco mosaic virus started but other plants not affected in tent so I think this is because of light stress.

I switched to a bigger tent and recently added 240w led to 400w hps. I don't know if related to led but the leaves with problems started to turn brown. Light distance both to led and hps is 30-40 cm now. High humidity and heat too but circulation is not bad. First photo is week 2 into flowering. 4 weeks into flowering now and the leaves I marked are now turning brown as seen on the 2nd photo. It seems only the leaves which had problems before are turning brown now.

They are growing in coco peat, perlit, worm castings and guano. I'm feeding liquid and solid form of castings and bat guano from time to time. I recently used big bud but only once. I also feed molasses, epsom salt and super vit regularly. Does this look like light stress or potassium deficiency? Should I flush or stick to the don't flush organic because of no salt build up? I know it's not entirely organic and this is my first grow so I'm asking for your help please. My 3 other girls are doing fine. Thank you.

Foto no exif 6

foto_no_exif (1).jpg

foto_no_exif (3).jpg

Last edited:
bluedabadee

bluedabadee

It’s ph related I’ve had it on plants before. @Beachwalker .

I've never worked on the PH because of organic nutes but I have a PH meter. I read that ph up/down liquids kill microbes in the organic structure and not recommended. Do you think I should get a ph down/up at this point? Thanks!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks to me like variegation. The pattern fits the bill and the variegatied portions do not photosynthesize. Looks like nutrients are a bit high and possibly high heat with high light those portions being scorched would be expected.

This is my best guess but I cannot say for sure.

tifosi

tifosi

I have the same issue right now because the clones i placed under my lights wore to tall. The first thing i noticed was the fan leafs pointing up and then the same discoloration & curl in the one leaf. I took the flood table out & dropped them down to between 17in & 19in below the lights. They have been doing fine for the last few weeks. Yours looks like they should recover if you fix your issue.

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

So as @One drop suggested, I measured ph today for the first time and it was 7.2 (feeding supervit, big bud and molasses today). I ph'd down to 5.8 only for OG. (running with organic fertilizers except a few, that's why i don't measure ph) However, should I ph the water for other plants as well? They seem to be doing fine though. I also checked the runoff ph for OG and it was 7.6. I hope this is normal.

IMG 961811

@Aqua Man Many thanks. First time I've heard that term but seems right. Should I stop feeding this plant? Have coco perlit wormcasting and bat guano base and feed worm castings, bat guano, supervit, big bud, molasses and epsom salt. 85F right now with %65 humidity. Poor thing was a bit too close to the light (15-30cm) for a couple weeks until I switched to a new tent. Blue dream was even closer but she didn't show any symptoms. Now I have a led 240w and 400w hps, plants are about 35-40cm from both lights now, OG a bit more. Oh and I have a question. Considering all the coco, fertilizers, nutrients I use, should I still flush these plants? I'd like to think that I'm growing organically (probably not properly in my first grow) and it's not recommended to flush while doing so. But since I checked the PH today (other plants were 7-7,1) and considering nonorganic big bud, supervit, etc., should I go ahead and flush? I even dreamed about this :)

@tifosi Thanks for your input! Ok, I'll set the distance as you suggested.

Here is a view from my tent (:

IMG 964311

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So as @One drop suggested, I measured ph today for the first time and it was 7.2 (feeding supervit, big bud and molasses today). I ph'd down to 5.8 only for OG. (running with organic fertilizers except a few, that's why i don't measure ph) However, should I ph the water for other plants as well? They seem to be doing fine though. I also checked the runoff ph for OG and it was 7.6. I hope this is normal.

View attachment 1030642

@Aqua Man Many thanks. First time I've heard that term but seems right. Should I stop feeding this plant? Have coco perlit wormcasting and bat guano base and feed worm castings, bat guano, supervit, big bud, molasses and epsom salt. 85F right now with %65 humidity. Poor thing was a bit too close to the light (15-30cm) for a couple weeks until I switched to a new tent. Blue dream was even closer but she didn't show any symptoms. Now I have a led 240w and 400w hps, plants are about 35-40cm from both lights now, OG a bit more. Oh and I have a question. Considering all the coco, fertilizers, nutrients I use, should I still flush these plants? I'd like to think that I'm growing organically (probably not properly in my first grow) and it's not recommended to flush while doing so. But since I checked the PH today (other plants were 7-7,1) and considering nonorganic big bud, supervit, etc., should I go ahead and flush? I even dreamed about this :)

@tifosi Thanks for your input! Ok, I'll set the distance as you suggested.

Here is a view from my tent (:

View attachment 1030647
Yeah i would stop feeding a bit. They are over fed

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

Yeah i would stop feeding a bit. They are over fed

Would you suggest I flush my plants before harvest despite of my medium and fertilizers?

+1
To be on the safe side, I’d also scope that plant in the bottom left of your picture for pests. Not sure if you’ve already done that but never hurts.

Yes, that's the exact plant I'm having problem with. I will check that tomorrow.
Until now we ph'd her water (I will do others as well), keeping the light distance about 40-50cm now, will stop feeding her for a bit (including micros I guess?)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Would you suggest I flush my plants before harvest despite of my medium and fertilizers?

Yes, that's the exact plant I'm having problem with. I will check that tomorrow.
Until now we ph'd her water (I will do others as well), keeping the light distance about 40-50cm now, will stop feeding her for a bit (including micros I guess?)
Yeah i would lighten up and add in a water only day. Plus make sure your getting rub off

Latest posts

Top Bottom