Is this light suitable for growing?

• Thread starter TurboTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TurboTHC

TurboTHC

So i got my hands on few led lights from one industrial building when they upgraded the inside lighting. Lights are 145w 4000k and 16500lmlm. It also says "CRI>90" i built rack for them so i can use them easily on grow tent but i just wanted to ask here some opinions acording to those specs.

BigCube

BigCube

So i got my hands on few led lights from one industrial building when they upgraded the inside lighting. Lights are 145w 4000k and 16500lmlm. It also says "CRI>90" i built rack for them so i can use them easily on grow tent but i just wanted to ask here some opinions acording to those specs.

They sound great. You may want to supplement a bit of red in flower. But those spec out nicely. You'll want 35w per sq foot minimum.

Good find man 👍

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Will be great for veg.

Will work good in flower as well if you follow @BigCube's advice above too.

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

I will propably use two of those lights on the sides and i will buy like 400w grow light on the middle, i have 3 of the lights but one light started flickering so cant really use that.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Grab a LED fixture from Kingbrite on Alibaba and you'll be away laughing, get a 3000k with IR for flower, should only need a 240w QB to replace a 400W HPS fixture.

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

I am so New to all this growing so i havent even seen hps lights or anything :D so all i buy is leds. I want to get led light with actual 400w.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

I am so New to all this growing so i havent even seen hps lights or anything :D so all i buy is leds. I want to get led light with actual 400w.
400w is an odd number. Fixtures typically come in increments of 120w for the QB's and different ones for individually manufactured LED's

How big is your tent?

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

Well the wattage doesent have to be excact 400 but somewhere on that range. And i will get propably 4x4 or 5x5.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

for a 4x4 480w is good. I don't know exactly how those those led lights function of yours, but at a guess getting 320-360w of QB would be suitable. Search KingBriteLED on alibaba.

BigCube

BigCube

Hye guys alex here I have a best clones offer for you . we have quality clones treated with care. free of mites, aphids, pests, mold, mildew and other hosts of diseases.

Clones list:

San Fernando Valley (SFV) OG

Better Than Yours (BTY) OG

Skywalker OG

GG4

Gelato #33, Gelato #41 and Gelato #45

and many more.......

Targeted areas: Los Angeles and Inland Empire,

Kindly visit us,

Nobody wants your spammy shit clones alex.
Go hock your wares somewhere else.

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

I hate it when those selling led grow lights say that wattage is 1000w but it just means that theres for example 100 leds that has maximum wattage of 10. And then the psu for the leds is something like 260w. Or they advertise something "1000w" but it just means that its combareable to 1000w hps light. But u usually can tell it when u see the price. right price is usually 1w/1$ so if u see 300$ 1000w light, thats all bullshit

BINGE

BINGE

Grab a LED fixture from Kingbrite on Alibaba and you'll be away laughing, get a 3000k with IR for flower, should only need a 240w QB to replace a 400W HPS fixture.
Have you used one of those Kingbrite? Sounds to good to be true.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Have you used one of those Kingbrite? Sounds to good to be true.
I just had mine arrived this week. very pleased with the product sofar. Have to wait until quarantine is over before I can purchase the rest of my setup and start my journal :(

Be warned. they are BRIGHT

BINGE

BINGE

Congrats. Keep us posted. I’m curious what the footprint is for the canopy. Any PPFD readings you could report back? Sounds like a killer budget option. I wanted to try breeding and putting one of these into a small tent would be good option.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Congrats. Keep us posted. I’m curious what the footprint is for the canopy. Any PPFD readings you could report back? Sounds like a killer budget option. I wanted to try breeding and putting one of these into a small tent would be good option.
PPFD readings on KingBriteLED's alibaba listings. i will easily get the 600 required for flower and possibly more depending on distance. dont have any par meters to check it though. would be nice to see some different readings than just 6' and 12'

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Top Bottom