Is this Magnesium Deficiency? Need 2nd opinion before taking action

• Thread starter Dragula
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dragula

Dragula

Does this look like Magnesium deficiency? Wanted a 2nd opinion before I did anything to the plant. It is 6 weeks into flowering
Checked a few threads and googled some pics and they seem to be very similar.

There seems to be only a few leaves with brown spots,under 5, this was the worst one.
The lower leaves have been yellowing and some seem curled, but I know yellowing is normal in the later weeks of flowering.

20210705_182603.jpg

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Is there any yellowing on the lowers? zinc def on lowers?

Why dont you post pics of the lowers please thanks.

Dragula

Dragula

Is there any yellowing on the lowers? zinc def on lowers?

Why dont you post pics of the lowers please thanks.
Yes there has been some yellowing on the lower leaves. They seem to yellow, slowly die and fall off, I am 41 days into flower tho. I noticed lower leaves yellowing around the beginning of week 5. Will edit this post with pics of the lower leaves when I can.

20210706 182847
20210706 182911
20210706 182906
20210706 182940
20210706 182946
20210706 182953
20210706 183017
FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Could be calcium excess, red and orange spots along the leaf vein. Which leads to K, Mag, and Fe lock out. Be thinking about adding P as well. The yellow leaf veins is a good indicator but that could be a lockout symptom ( or ph issue). Calcium is what you need readily available at week 6, but too much blocks the other things you need like the K and P. You are feeding your soil not the plant. Its about making nutrients available not force feeding. You could check your run off ph as well to get a better picture.

Your plant looks really nice, with 3 weeks left and with those nice green nutrient banks, you should make it through to the end just fine. Should be starting to taper down nutrients instead of feeding more and get that nice fade at the end.

Pretty cool your python peeking in to see what's up!

1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

no it's not mag

it is a calcium deficiency

i got it a few times running sealed with co2 and sometimes too high RH. co2 increase cal requirements and high rh reduce cal assimilation

you need give your plants calmag, 3/1 cal/mag is a good ratio
what is the ec of your water out the tap ?

Dragula

Dragula

no it's not mag

it is a calcium deficiency

i got it a few times running sealed with co2 and sometimes too high RH. co2 increase cal requirements and high rh reduce cal assimilation

you need give your plants calmag, 3/1 cal/mag is a good ratio
what is the ec of your water out the tap ?
Gotcha, just picked up some calmag from the local grow shop gonna try it out tonight.. will check ec when I can. Thanks for the help

Dragula

Dragula

Could be calcium excess, red and orange spots along the leaf vein. Which leads to K, Mag, and Fe lock out. Be thinking about adding P as well. The yellow leaf veins is a good indicator but that could be a lockout symptom ( or ph issue). Calcium is what you need readily available at week 6, but too much blocks the other things you need like the K and P. You are feeding your soil not the plant. Its about making nutrients available not force feeding. You could check your run off ph as well to get a better picture.

Your plant looks really nice, with 3 weeks left and with those nice green nutrient banks, you should make it through to the end just fine. Should be starting to taper down nutrients instead of feeding more and get that nice fade at the end.

Thanks man.. im hoping I can get by okay! They've been doing awesome so far. it progressed a little more last night I noticed. Just picked up some calmag gonna try that and see how she responds.

20210707 011209
20210707 005628
20210707 005634
1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

do you use co2?if not you want your water around 0.45mS before adding nutrients not less

if you have high rh at night (<65%) it will slow calcium uptake and on some strains you can get defiencies

Dragula

Dragula

do you use co2?if not you want your water around 0.45mS before adding nutrients not less

if you have high rh at night (<65%) it will slow calcium uptake and on some strains you can get defiencies
I do not use co2. My tent stays around 45%-55% normally..The tent was sitting around 55%-65% for a week or two straight cause it was raining constantly. I'll be ordering a dehumidifier for the future.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Yes there has been some yellowing on the lower leaves. They seem to yellow, slowly die and fall off, I am 41 days into flower tho. I noticed lower leaves yellowing around the beginning of week 5. Will edit this post with pics of the lower leaves when I can.
Looks like a minor root ussue too. The top pic for sure. Seems like a cal issue that is making trouble in the root zone. Ill bet you get some cal in there and you are all good.

Dragula

Dragula

Looks like a minor root ussue too. The top pic for sure. Seems like a cal issue that is making trouble in the root zone. Ill bet you get some cal in there and you are all good.
Yea I was afraid of that, this plant the buds seem to be smaller than the rest. Hopefully she bounces back. Giving her some calmag tonight. Thanks for the help

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yea I was afraid of that, this plant the buds seem to be smaller than the rest. Hopefully she bounces back. Giving her some calmag tonight. Thanks for the help
small buds could be from the plant turning hermie and producing seeds..
means nothing to the quality of the weed..

Mugwort

Mugwort

What python?

Mugwort

Mugwort

Ahh...an inside THC Farmer joke. It worked! I spent a couple of minutes enlarging and scouring pictures looking for a snake and then another couple looking for the ice cream sign!

Latest posts

Top Bottom