Is this male preflowers?

• Thread starter LeaveNoDoubts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LeaveNoDoubts

LeaveNoDoubts

Hey guys idk but this one looks male to me. Does not look like the others. these preflowers kinda short and stubby compared to others. hard to get better pics sorry. They are kinda pointy but not like the girls. They look like they are wrapped in 2 leaves that make the points idk

Is it common to have 5/6 fems from bagseed? idk why only 1 male
20200801_110601.jpg
20200801_110632.jpg
20200801_111145.jpg
20200801_111426.jpg

Freaky75

Freaky75

They have hermied if I were u I'd remove them . The white hairs are pistols but they got balls man pollin sacs . Is this one plant . Not so shure of middle pic . Looks female but pic 3 defo got male pollin sacs

LeaveNoDoubts

LeaveNoDoubts

They have hermied if I were u I'd remove them . The white hairs are pistols but they got balls man pollin sacs . Is this one plant . Not so shure of middle pic . Looks female but pic 3 defo got male pollin sacs
Are you lookin at my pics or the ones above your post haha
I dont have any white hairs yet. I have 4 pics in spoiler.
Its in veg 75 days. Its 1 plant
The thing is its a mainline and I remove lower branches as they grow so preflowers never develop enough to sex them. My other plants do have white hairs coming from calyx though, just not this one.
I might just have to send it to flower idk

Freaky75

Freaky75

Hahaha so I was . I've had a look now . They seem to be female but the they just need bit more To tell . Plants are living things and grow at different rates . You will soon see . I think they are to transparent to be pollin sacs and the calyx just has to open the hairs . Wait a tad longer pollin sacs are normally greener

Freaky75

Freaky75

Oh can u keep it separate in case . You don't want it to spill pollin over your girls and reck the crop tho

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Male flowers usually develop in clusters, although Pistils don't usually swell much prior to growing. I'm kinda stumped, as it looks like a little of both at this point. I would think you would have a few Pistils showing, somewhere. Keep us posted!

LeaveNoDoubts

LeaveNoDoubts

Thanks guys. Ill try to get some better pics tomorrow. Next week they all go into flower I am thinkin anyway so Ill know for sure soon. Was just hoping to weed him out before then :oD

But what would it mean then if all 6out of 6 bagseed are female? Am I gonna get hermies?!
What happens if you pollinate a feminized plant? Do you still get all fem seeds or it goes back to a mix again?

Freaky75

Freaky75

Ac
Those don’t appear male.
Never says they were hay there . If it were male and pollinated your crop . It be not as good and full of seeds . Ok if u want seeds . If all are female then great .you have a good harvest . If male then get it out your grow space before It pollinates your entire Corp

basscaptain

basscaptain

It's a Male..............but give it a wk.... so you can see what happens for your self..... and with the full moon by monday you will know for sure...

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thanks guys. Ill try to get some better pics tomorrow. Next week they all go into flower I am thinkin anyway so Ill know for sure soon. Was just hoping to weed him out before then :oD

But what would it mean then if all 6out of 6 bagseed are female? Am I gonna get hermies?!
What happens if you pollinate a feminized plant? Do you still get all fem seeds or it goes back to a mix again?
Fertilizing a feminized plant will provide a normal male and female mix... unless the pollen comes from a feminized plant, then you will get all females. The pollen determines the sex of the plant, and without the male genetics, a male plant can't be produced. That isn't to say that a female/feminized plant can't fertilize your other females and give you seeds but they will be all feminized seeds. Without male flowers, from either a male or female plant, you can't get seeds.
If your plant IS a male, it will take a week or so for the flowers to grow and eventually open up, so you don't need to yank it until you know for sure if it is a male or female.

Top Bottom