Is this mildew and what should i do?

• Thread starter Rikkertvld
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rikkertvld

Rikkertvld

This is my plant and i want to harvest it, but there is some white stuff between the buds. What should i do?

Is this mildew and what should i do
Is this mildew and what should i do 2
Is this mildew and what should i do 3
Is this mildew and what should i do 4
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Looks more like mineral scale to me, but its a little hard to tell in the pictures.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

It is powdery mildew...

If you are sure, then the options I know of to treat it are sulfur fungicide, copper fungicide, hydrogen peroxide, and garlic oil (more of a preventative). The hydrogen peroxide is the only one that won't leave any residue in your buds.

But its so far along its probably already deep in your buds. My vote is trash can. I'm sorry this happened.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It is powdery mildew...
What makes you so sure? It really doesnt look like PM to me at all. I agree it looks like some sort of scale. Have you been spraying with anything? Using a humidifier?

I will say this bud looks suspicious but it's hard to tell what is going on, the pic is blurry. Need clearer pics. Could be some other form of grey mold, fusarium or botrytis. But the stuff on the leaves absolutely does not look like PM.

Screenshot 20200914 124554 Samsung Internet
Zakattack

Zakattack

I’ve had that exact same thing happen to my plants on one grow . Defos pm!! If it’s been growing indoors it’s due to the humidity being high . Anything above 55% and that’s when it starts from my experience. Not much you can do to save it if you’re planning to keep it indoors. But what I did was move my plants outside ,gave it a really good wash a few times, tried rubbing off where I could and the fresh air kinda let it become smokable. You should also invest in a dehumidifier. Almost as important as the growlight itself in my opinion

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah taking a better look at the pics I do see a couple spots that look like PM. Normally you see it all over the leaves before it starts infecting buds though. Weird...

You can see it really well here..

This stage in the game, I'd make hash out of it all. The PM spores are small enough to pass through the bubble bags. Just need to wash the trichs really well. That bud will not be smokeable like it is.
Screenshot 20200914 125425 Samsung Internet

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I’ve had that exact same thing happen to my plants on one grow . Defos pm!! If it’s been growing indoors it’s due to the humidity being high . Anything above 55% and that’s when it starts from my experience. Not much you can do to save it if you’re planning to keep it indoors. But what I did was move my plants outside ,gave it a really good wash a few times, tried rubbing off where I could and the fresh air kinda let it become smokable. You should also invest in a dehumidifier. Almost as important as the growlight itself in my opinion

It's not from the humidity being too high, it's from it fluctuating too far out of VPD. There's a waxy layer on the outside of the leaf that serves as a defense mechanism for infections, but that layer is dependent on the ambient humidity of the entire grow. Keeping the leaves moving so that water doesn't have a chance to sit on the leaves or buds is also a factor.

PM is not necessarily caused by an excess of moisture, just conditions favorable for infection. Humidity being too low for proper VPD will give it a chance to set in, as will sudden temperature drops. PM hit me hardest when running only a dehumidifier.

If those were my buds, I'd cut that plant and make hash with it, and spray the rest of the room with micronized sulfur daily. Every bud that comes out of that room will need to be rinsed before smoking, but it can help any other plants limp along to the finish. Wipe down the walls of the room with bleach or iso and clean everything in it to try to minimize exposure to spores in the future.

Madbud

Madbud

What makes you so sure? It really doesnt look like PM to me at all. I agree it looks like some sort of scale. Have you been spraying with anything? Using a humidifier?

I will say this bud looks suspicious but it's hard to tell what is going on, the pic is blurry. Need clearer pics. Could be some other form of grey mold, fusarium or botrytis. But the stuff on the leaves absolutely does not look like PM.
I’m seeing this fan leaf, but now it sounds like milk is a possibilty
FDBDEF0D 1DFE 42A3 BF23 C2E4CCA55F94

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I wanted to go into detail about how to tell what's PM on this bud. There may also be some botrytis on the top between the 9 and 12 o clock circles.

Screenshot from 2020 09 14 15 15 22

The five spots there are where the spores have colonized. Also I just noticed that I missed one in the middle but I'm not re-editing this precise, detailed scientific work. You can tell it's not milk scale because the leaves are thinner where they're affected.

But zoom out and what does it look like? That's where water droplets would be sitting. Every infected area is in a place where water would naturally pool on the plant. It was my exact experience with it as well. Now ventilation needs to be increased, but doing that just ensures that the spores get everywhere with infected plants in the room.

Rikkertvld

Rikkertvld

First of all i want to thank everybody for their reply. Here are more pictures. What dhluld i do? And i am dutch so my english is not that good, therefore can you tell me in easy words what i should do.
Furthermore, i do not know how to make hasj so if anybody could explain this i would be very thankfull.

20200915 095728
20200915 095728
20200915 095702
20200915 095705
20200915 095657
20200915 095650
20200915 095642

Top Bottom