Is this mold or dust?

• Thread starter Kl420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kl420

Kl420

Harvested bud after 5 days. Looks like some white stuff is there? Is it mold? What to do if its mold?
Is this mold or dust

Kl420

Kl420

Its bad.

You can smoke it if you want. It probably won't hurt you. I'd toss it in the fire pit
Will it spread to other buds also? Only the tops of a few had this. I removed them now and kept under a fan

growsince79

growsince79

Will it spread to other buds also? Only the tops of a few had this. I removed them now and kept under a fan
As bad as that was, they probably alredy all have it. It starts in the center and spreads out.

Madbud

Madbud

Wtf did you do?! Thats mold for sure. How are you drying those, ya gotta be on top of humidity, 50-65% max, and have some airflow.

Kl420

Kl420

Wtf did you do?! Thats mold for sure. How are you drying those, ya gotta be on top of humidity, 50-65% max, and have some airflow.
Damn man, fucked up. I think there was not enough airflow. Now gonna quick dry the rest and hope for the best

Madbud

Madbud

Damn man, fucked up. I think there was not enough airflow. Now gonna quick dry the rest and hope for the best
If you have some hydrogen peroxide, dilute a pint in a gallon of water to soak this bud for a couple minutes then soak in clean water and dry like normal. Might help, won’t hurt it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Garbage imo. You may kill the mold but uts the spores you need to worry about and I doubt you will get rid of them doing anything.

growsince79

growsince79

What about sunlight? I read UV light can kill mold. I guess trying something is better than throwing away directly
I've had it before, but never saw it until trimming in the center of huge colas. For it to be on the outside of a small bud means the entire crop has it bad. Did you not have a exhaust fan?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What about sunlight? I read UV light can kill mold. I guess trying something is better than throwing away directly
Like I say it's not the mold that the issue... its the spores that are toxic. Killing the mold doesn't matter

Madbud

Madbud

If the spores survive they float around when you bust up a bud, visible in a bright light. Sunlights uv kills mold, takes from 2 to 2000 minutes (8 days) depending on the strain. Its nothing to mess with, especially if you inhale aspergillius with weak lungs or immune system. The truth is we breathe in mold spores all day long. If you do try an h2O2 wash, dunk them a couple times, i read somewhere the peroxide needs air to work, probably just more bro science. Hope you get to save some of those buds.

Mrb53

Mrb53

what you need to do is explain your harvest procedures and correct the conditions that caused it in the first place. IMHO, I think Aqua Man hit it on the head . DO NOT USE THIS STUFF or give it to others. Those who may be sensitive can get VERY sick / headaches, respiratory issues from using it
True we breathe in spores every day. They are all around us but that is not the same as forcing a concentrate into your system....Overwhelming
One of the issues you will face is if the spores are in your environment. They can / will spread to every other plant. If you are in a tent, you have to decontaminate - EVERYTHING...walls, floors, equipment, lights, fans, intake / exhaust vents, tubes, containers...
That can be a real pain in the butt
I use @Frankster Dr Frankenstein's brew
https://castle-frankenstein.com/its...o-stimulant-fungicide-insecticide-surfactant/
you can even use this to WASH BUDS but I would still cut off the majority of the bad stuff
H2O2 can work but I do not like the taste, texture and after effects. Years ago, it was all we knew to do
nothing is as good as preventative so dot the i's and cross the t's to make sure you have your environment prepared for the future

Madbud

Madbud

what you need to do is explain your harvest procedures and correct the conditions that caused it in the first place. IMHO, I think Aqua Man hit it on the head . DO NOT USE THIS STUFF or give it to others. Those who may be sensitive can get VERY sick / headaches, respiratory issues from using it
True we breathe in spores every day. They are all around us but that is not the same as forcing a concentrate into your system....Overwhelming
One of the issues you will face is if the spores are in your environment. They can / will spread to every other plant. If you are in a tent, you have to decontaminate - EVERYTHING...walls, floors, equipment, lights, fans, intake / exhaust vents, tubes, containers...
That can be a real pain in the butt
I use @Frankster Dr Frankenstein's brew
https://castle-frankenstein.com/its...o-stimulant-fungicide-insecticide-surfactant/
you can even use this to WASH BUDS but I would still cut off the majority of the bad stuff
H2O2 can work but I do not like the taste, texture and after effects. Years ago, it was all we knew to do
nothing is as good as preventative so dot the i's and cross the t's to make sure you have your environment prepared for the future
He’s outdoors, i figure he jarred too soon.

Top Bottom