Is this mpb system scalable?

• Thread starter cottonmouth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cottonmouth

This is my first post on this forum so I must first say hi to all the farmers here, so HELLO!!! They call me cotton around these parts, but most know me on forums as CM.

So this is my question, can this system be scaled down to smaller buckets and run with 400 - 600 watt lights in a smaller room.

I am thinking like 4 - 6 plants in 1 - 1.5 gallon buckets with a set up like this

x - lights
o - plants

x x
o o
x
x o o x
x
o o
x x

or something similar like that. But only in a 6' x 6' area. It might be a little over kill but something like this.

CM

for some reason the forum dont like my x's and o's. They dont appear correctly.

N

noone88

You're referring to the classic krusty buckets and his light arrangement.

The norm is ~3.2 gallon buckets placed in 5 gallon buckets. A few threads about it around here. I wouldn't use a smaller container since the root mass will take up a lot of space in DWC.

C

cottonmouth

I would like to run this system, in a prepep with getting 1-1.5 lbs a month in basically 6' x 6' room. This system seems to be the best for plant numbers and that is why I wanted to scale it down to run 2-3 plants per month.

CM

C

CrazyK

DD's system is all about yield. Your better off running the system as designed with fewer plants and get the higher yield. Reducing the size of the container will reduce your yields. Good luck.

O

OregonMeds

You couldn't fit all that in a 6'x6' room even scaling it down man, I think you've smoked yourself retarded.
(It's a movie quote, just for fun.)

C

cottonmouth

What are we talking for a 6x6 room, 2 plants max. how about 2 per month or would they not fit. I have a separate veg area.

CM

T

TyKaycha

I think you would be able to run 4 plants ok.
Code:
If you have the cooling capabilities or low wattage
X=plant
O=light

O   O
O X O X O
  O   O
O X O X O
  O   O  

If you don't have the cooling or enough lights, then maybe something like this:
+=some very low watt cheap supplemental lighting, cfl's maybe

O
+ X X +
   O
+ X X +
   O
Centers would probably be about 36", but since you're not running 1000w, centers don't need to be as wide as DD's

Top Bottom