Is this normal for a batch of seeds

• Thread starter whelksemengmail.com
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whelksemengmail.com

whelksemengmail.com

I'm not an experienced grower, only done a few and have always grown from cuttings. Anyway I got fed up of waiting for my friend to have any spare cuts so decided to buy some seeds instead. These are mimosa orange punch at just under 6 weeks of 12/12. I've had a few deficiencies so they aren't too pretty but buds seem decent on two of the plants. However on the 3rd plant(far left of the pic) the buds are pathetically small despite the fact that this plant as a whole looks the greenest and maybe the healthiest. From the very beginning it looked different to the other 2 plants. It was more compact with smaller leaves and when I topped it seemed to respond very well with all the branches, even the lowest ones, growing straight up to form a good canopy. I even thought that it was gonna turn out to be the best so it's quite disappointing as it even has a much less appealing smell. It also does not seem to appreciate much light even though it is drinking quite a lot of water. Is this normal and just one of the risks of using seeds or was I just unlucky this time?
Is this normal for a batch of seeds
Is this normal for a batch of seeds 2

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'm not an experienced grower, only done a few and have always grown from cuttings. Anyway I got fed up of waiting for my friend to have any spare cuts so decided to buy some seeds instead. These are mimosa orange punch at just under 6 weeks of 12/12. I've had a few deficiencies so they aren't too pretty but buds seem decent on two of the plants. However on the 3rd plant(far left of the pic) the buds are pathetically small despite the fact that this plant as a whole looks the greenest and maybe the healthiest. From the very beginning it looked different to the other 2 plants. It was more compact with smaller leaves and when I topped it seemed to respond very well with all the branches, even the lowest ones, growing straight up to form a good canopy. I even thought that it was gonna turn out to be the best so it's quite disappointing as it even has a much less appealing smell. It also does not seem to appreciate much light even though it is drinking quite a lot of water. Is this normal and just one of the risks of using seeds or was I just unlucky this time? View attachment 1329512View attachment 1329513
i don’t see anything wrong?.. am i missing something? just be patient.. your doing good

whelksemengmail.com

whelksemengmail.com

i don’t see anything wrong?.. am i missing something? just be patient.. your doing good
OK thanks. The buds on that just look like a ball of leaves compared to the others. But yeah hopefully it will get bigger. BTW when I move my light over a bit nearer to this smaller plant I get this. Does this look like light burn to you?
IMG 20230210 222716

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok well your nearing the end, and an increase in “k” potassium is needed. while lowering the “n” nitrogen..
tomorite seems to be better now than old timer.. mmmm just give me a min to think of a feeding till finish..
the spots could be from a k def starting?? just guessing here so… i don’t think it’s light stress..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i’d go with
2 ml per gallon/4 litres calmag
2 ml per gallon/4 litres old timer bloom
3 ml per gallon/4 litres of tomorite..

Top Bottom