Is This Normal For A Mh Bulb?

• Thread starter Transfixed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Transfixed

Hey all - new grower here. I have a 600w MH bulb from Badass Bulbs, and it is on a timer to run 18/6.
It worked just fine for a few days then it started just turning itself off after about 15 minutes :( Ballast is still on and no breakers are tripped or anything. I did notice this on the bulb and it looks.... wrong? to me. Is this normal to see in a 600w MH bulb? Looks like corrosion or glue or... something.
Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Corrosion bulb
dilligaf

dilligaf

I bought a 400w eye brand daylight mh bulb few years ago that looked like it had a brown epoxy on inside. .blew in 5 seconds. .still running the older hps bulb it was going to replace.

D

N

Nog

I had a 400W MH break on me recently, I noticed it was going real dim, just a bit of light in the filament, and when I went to unscrew it the glass broke where it screws into the reflector.

Had to use a pair of pliers to unscrew the metal fitting on the end of the bulb to get it out of the reflector.

keiksweat

keiksweat

This thread has jinxed me.my 600w metal halide won't come on.thought it was my old digital ballast.but no...stuck an old hps bulb in.light up first time..thanks...lol.

Keekee

Keekee

I blew a mh bulb couple of weeks ago it was only 2 months old.

Shakes fist.

T

Transfixed

I took the MH bulb from my photo above to two separate indoor garden centers and they both told me that the bulb looked normal!? Apparently the crap on the inside is just the halide salts which vaporize when the bulb reaches a certain temperature. So, despite it looking seriously weird and being unable to find photos of other MH bulbs that look that way, two separate shops said it looked normal.
Sigh.... wtf.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I took the MH bulb from my photo above to two separate indoor garden centers and they both told me that the bulb looked normal!? Apparently the crap on the inside is just the halide salts which vaporize when the bulb reaches a certain temperature. So, despite it looking seriously weird and being unable to find photos of other MH bulbs that look that way, two separate shops said it looked normal.
Sigh.... wtf.
I've come to the conclusion that most of the people that work behind the counter at hydro shops and Home Improvement centers really don't know shit.

Keekee

Keekee

That def looks nothing like the photo from transfix.i think we would All agree.

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

Every MH I bought is almost the same from lumatek to philips
250/400/600 you name it.
When you have it on those salts will melt and leave slightly yellow coulour afterwards.

It looks normal to me!

Reserva13

Latest posts

Top Bottom