Is this normal

• Thread starter bundenburg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bundenburg

So....is she ok? Bottom leaves seem knacks red compaired to the rest and the other two aren't like that at all.. Any thoughts from people who know what their doing, as I don't! Cheers

H

HayStacksCalhoun

Plant are looking good! Really Thriving. The yellowing and rust spots seems like a PH issue too me.

B

bundenburg

Must be then, I messed up the ph really bad a couple weeks back. Just thought it would damage them all. There anything I can do? Or just wait it out.

H

HayStacksCalhoun

I have grown in a similar set up in the past and your plants will take off^ in veg. I would suggest moving the plant in the middle to the left side corner and train early its gonna get cramped in there. If u have stabilized the PH you should be fine .personally I would just remove the effected leaf.

B

bundenburg

I'm using ro water from an aquatics centre. I was told to get rid of the bad leaf so ill do that and I moved it also. I have just put in a fresh res with half the recommended neuts so hope their ok as I'm away for Xmas. I used sugar daddy and plant tonic. I have 2 more in there that have just rooted but because they took so long to germinate I think they will turn to mush as that happened last time. If you have any tips on feeding schedule that would be great as at the moment I'm just changing the water every 2 weeks and reading the neuts bottle to add. I'm waiting for the other 2 to catch up a bit then ill flower with 2 different neuts that the company who sold me the tent sent. Correct me if I'm doing something wrong, I'm just swing this as a expensive trial run. The temp stays around 79. The res is roughly 15litres

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Right off the bat the first problem I see is that if ur rez temp is sitting at 78 that is to warm for plants that have roots submerged in the water, you are asking for root rot and bacteria. Ideally you want ur rez to sit between 65-68 degrees. Second I up my nutes weekly, check ur ph and if ur ph is sitting between 5.8 and 6.2 then start adding more nutes cuz that looks like a deficiency to me.

B

bundenburg

I think the temp is just the air not the res. doesn't feel warm. I'm keeping ph at 6-6-5 so ill ad neuts then. Do I just add what was provided for vegative stage? There wAs 2-3 and 2 for flower stage I think

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I think the temp is just the air not the res. doesn't feel warm. I'm keeping ph at 6-6-5 so ill ad neuts then. Do I just add what was provided for vegative stage? There wAs 2-3 and 2 for flower stage I think

When growing in hydro, a pH over 5.5 starts to slowly cut out P, so if your at 6-6.5 it definitely looks like a P def and it makes sense because your pH is too high for hydro.

Drop your pH to 5.8 and let it swing between 5.5-6. That will allow more P to be absorbed. Check out this chart, notice on the water culture (hydro) side P and Mn gets cut out at a pH above 5.5, but its not Mn because a micro def will almost always start at the top of your plants on the new growth. N, P and K def effects the bottom to middle growth 1st. Good luck.

Ph  nutrient uptake

B

bundenburg

Sweet that's great. I'm finding a drop of ph up or down can sometimes rocket up or super drop down. Can't get it to balance out for long, seems to stAy at 7 or 9 or 4 I'm hoping the plants don't completely give up!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I've never used a rez before so I don't know much about why pH drops or rises. Do you keep it bubbling? Maybe something in your nutes is causing it to rise and fall because it might have some organic matter. IDK, but do a Google search on why pH drops and rises in hydro.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

I've never used a rez before so I don't know much about why pH drops or rises. Do you keep it bubbling? Maybe something in your nutes is causing it to rise and fall because it might have some organic matter. IDK, but do a Google search on why pH drops and rises in hydro.
Its gotta be the nutes you´re using, I run mostly hydro and the nutrient line I use has a buffer to keep the rez at the same ph it might fluctuate by a point here and there. But im willing to bet that ur nutes are whats causing the fluctuation in ph, but just to be safe I would also make sure the caliberation is correct on the meter as well. This is also why I choose to up my rez once a week and check my ph in my rez once every 2 or 3 days.

B

bundenburg

Can't seem to get the ph to balance at 5.5-6. Is the electric ph testers better than the chart ones

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Can't seem to get the ph to balance at 5.5-6. Is the electric ph testers better than the chart ones

Like George said, its probably your nutes. Do you have any other nutrients you could use to see if it balances??

B

bundenburg

If you could recommend something for each stage would be great

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If you could recommend something for each stage would be great

There are soooooooo many, but if you want a recommendation I would go with a DIY nutrient mix. If you wanna go that route I'll give you a lil advice on how to start then point you in the direction of a few threads where you will learn just about everything you need to make your own fertilizers.

If you don't have the time or you wanna do research 1st, then I would recommend General Hydroponics. They have many choices, you could go with there 3-part formula which is Grow, Bloom and MIcros, then you just follow the directions, but always start off at a maximum of 1/4 strength.

They also have Flora Nova, which is, I think, 1 bottle for veg and 1 for bloom, then they got a powder formula called MaxiGro and MaxiBloom. Many choices so go to there website and check it out. They also have supplements and additives, but I only use the liquid Koolbloom which is a PK boost. Since you run a hydro setup, you would probably need there root cleaner enzyme (I forgot what its called) and maybe a Ca-Mg supplement if you use RO water. Do some research on a few other nutrient makers just to compare, but IMO never use Advanced Nutrients, GH is better and less expensive.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

the answer is........FUCK YEAH!

it can b hard at times to get an exact reading as nutes tend to have a color to em so getting the right reading can b hard at times imo.

Agreed.

@Bundenburg- You can get an electric pH meter on ebay for $20.

Top Bottom